Diabetes support group ... or

A

Anonymous

Let's just say, for the sake of argument, we publicised a meeting.. with a couple of speakers on Low Carb perhaps, Supplements or common complications ..
To be held in a village hall or some such place..

Do you think anyone would come ?

Elc1112

If you're doing it in a village hall or similar then you're going to limit your audience. Might be better doing it as an online event. Have a couple of success stories, invite people to talk about the challenges that they have encountered and how they have overcome them. Perhaps a panel who can answer questions etc.

Defren

I agree, a Pal-talk room where speakers can speak to those who are there, and then the audience can ask questions.

A

Anonymous

I must say I'm surprised by the first two responses. I live online as it's the nature of my job but I was rather hoping to do something for the people I bump in to at the hospital diabetes clinic.

Have I got it completely wrong ?

Defren

swimmer2 said:
I must say I'm surprised by the first two responses. I live online as it's the nature of my job but I was rather hoping to do something for the people I bump in to at the hospital diabetes clinic.

Have I got it completely wrong ?

It's not about getting it wrong Simon, I am more thinking about the amount of diabetics in a general geographical area who would be prepared to go to meetings. If you consider that, then think about the amount who would probably take part in an on line meeting in the comfort of their own home, and from as far and wide as you could get the message out.

LouiseW

I'd love to come to a meeting in person but I suspect you're living in the UK and I'm in Canada. I have been known to cross the pond but wouldn't be able to make it this year since I've got all my vacation planned ... but I'd be happy to join an online meeting.

A

Anonymous

Hey Ontario is far nicer than over here (Mrs Swim is from BC) but have been to Ottawa.. lovely part of the world.

Defren

swimmer2 said:
Hey Ontario is far nicer than over here (Mrs Swim is from BC) but have been to Ottawa.. lovely part of the world.

Both of us married to North American's Simon. Mr Defren is (or was :lol: ) a Californian surfer dude. (Shhh to old to be a surfer dude now). :wink:

Elc1112

Hiya,

I don't hi I you got it wrong at all. If you trying to stesnge a small get together then a face-to-face meet would work fine. However, you've got to think about how far people would've prepared to travel to attend? Are they going to give up their time? I was simply saying that an online meetin might help you to attract more people. You can attend from the co fort of your own home etc etc. Thats just my opinion, but everybody is different.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
This forum functions as an on-liine support group.

Search for Hounslow for our local group.