Stevia

maddiemo

Hello.
I'm going to try some sweetner, bit worried because I have tried them before and gave me diearrhea. But was reading that stevia doesn't. What is the best one to buy? I don't want it mixed with anything else, also don't want the liquid. Want to put it in cakes.

Cobra3164

Dislikes
Diabetes
Hi maddiemo, I have converted to stevia by far the best tasting sweetner and great for baking I found that anything containing aspartame or zylitol was the worst at upsetting my digestive system.

Simon aka Cobra

A

Anonymous

You can buy Stevia in most supermarkets. I use it for my coffee at work and it's very nice. I also use Splenda, which is very nice. Neither cause stomach upset.

Fraddycat

Trouble is Maddie, the free flowing Stevia is actually 98% maltodextrine. In fact so is Splenda and most other sweeteners. I bought Stevia tablets and use a mortar and pestle to grind it up, it kind of works but someone recommended using Da Vinci sugarfree syrups.

Ashleigh

What are the tablets made up of then?

I've even had to give up sweeteners (along with everything else) due to headaches and digestive issues, and I think I noticed better weight loss since too.

I'm not happy about this as I was partial to a few sweeteners in my green tea, but I suppose it's just another thing I have to learn to live without lol.

Fraddycat

Stevia tablets are just stevia, so you should be alright with them, they are made from a plant so should be a lot gentler on the stomach. I don't need sweetners in my drinks but my friend says they are as near to sugar as they can be. In cooking they seem to be ok too.

Ashleigh

At one time I was having six sweeteners a time. I was gradually bringing that sown before all this diabetes stuff anyway lol.

I was down to two, but am on none at the moment.