World Diabetes Day

elainechi

a bit late reply but thankyou pheonix have it on my calender for next year...already have an article on him so can use that for a display xx

Thumper

A couple of years ago there used to be a Denim for Diabetes day ( like jeans for Genes ) what happened to that? My son had an appointment at the hospital yesterday in the Diabetic Home Care Dept. and there wasn't any evidence of diabetes day even there. :wave:

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Thumper said:
A couple of years ago there used to be a Denim for Diabetes day ( like jeans for Genes ) what happened to that? My son had an appointment at the hospital yesterday in the Diabetic Home Care Dept. and there wasn't any evidence of diabetes day even there. :wave:
We wore blue in the office yesterday for WDD:

643960_10151945910951996_408821854_n.jpg

I also managed to get a really nice picture in Coventry last night for the World Diabetes Day Monument Challenge run by IDF:

535573_10151946894401996_149866238_n.jpg

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi All.

Great picture of you both wearing 'blue' in support of WDD yesterday. :thumbup:
Awesome piccy of the monument challange too .

Thanks for sharing these with us all.

Anna.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
elainechi said:
next year im going to try with the diabetic nurse to do a fund raising at her school.. wear blue and bring in a £1 ....then we can have posters and info arond the school and canteen.just have to find out early the date for next year and the school to agree xx

Thats a really fantastic idea Elainechi, best of luck with it :thumbup: :thumbup:

anna29 said:
I sent all my levemir pens into IDDM and heard they all went to africa to be used
with the red cross for the little children .

Thats brilliant Anna :clap: