I've lost 2 stone!!

picklebean

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't know if this is an appropriate topic to post when this is something so many people struggle with, but for the first time ever in my life I have actually lost weight and I am soooooo pleased about it!!

I'm type 1 and I started on Victoza back in July. I have pretty bad insulin resistance (I was up to 80 units of Lantus per day before the Victoza) and I've always been overweight. Due to a list of medical conditions as long as my leg, including chronic depression and polycystic ovarian syndrome, losing weight has always been really difficult (when I've tried) and impossible the rest of the time because I've just been too ill to even think about it.

But after going through two months of absolute hell on the Victoza because I reacted really badly to it, I've now stabalised and have reduced my Lantus level and reduced my insulin:CHO ratio for my quick-acting insulin and I've lost 2 stone!!! Yay me!! :lol:

I am officially now just overweight instead of obese.

But the best bit is, I went out for my birthday recently and I got into a pair of size 14 skinny jeans...... they may have been stretch denim, but even so, SIZE 14!!!! I haven't been a size 14 since I was about 14 years old!!

Ok, I don't want to gloat but I had to share my joy with people who understand how bloomin' difficult it is to lose weight!!

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow, congratulations on your weight loss - you must be well chuffed :clap: :thumbup:

Well done & bravo!

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Right-on picklebean. You should be proud. :thumbup:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
That is great news picklebean, appreciate how hard it must have been for you!

Dougal

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Congratulations picklebean - well done - you really should be proud! :clap:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Well done :thumbup: , thats quite an achievement and you are definitley not gloating.

Give your self a pat on the back and a maybe a little treat of some sort :)

RRB

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
That is brilliant picklebean. I'm quite jealous although I'm getting there little by little.

welsh_kev

Well done picklebean, i can understand your joy totally as ive also dropped 2 stone in just under 8 weeks!
As said, once again...well done

Kev

picklebean

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Awww, thank you so much guys!! I really do appreciate it. I couldn't hold it in any longer and I had to shout about it from the roof-tops, even if it was just virtual roof-tops on a message board! :D

elmo118

Congratulations!!!
I have been trying all different diets but to no avail as yet. After 33yrs of being type 1 i have just been told my insulin ratios. I must say this has been a great help and recently i have lost half a stone so hopefully if stick to the new ratios theres further weight loss to hapoen.
By the way yr not gloating yr giving us others who have had trouble losing weight, HOPE.
Congrats again picklebean.

Cynthia6

Congratulations you must be very pleased, I am type 2 diabetic and when I was diagnosed 18months ago I was put on diet only and gain 1stone in 3 months so I was disappointed but I was eating lots more than normal since I started taking metformin in December last year I have lost 2 stone 5 pounds and I am hoping to keep losing the weight

cathie51

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery
Congratulations picklebean

As someone who has struggled with their weight for years I can appreciate how you feel.

I have been on Victoza for 5weeks and have lost 12 lbs and feel on top of the world.

C

chris lowe

Well done you :clap: I've lost 4lbs this week but then I did have food poisoning so didn't eat for about 36 hours so was (almost) worth it. :lol: