Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dear community,

Although we do not have a low-carb philosophy on this site, I think we need a site page that details the basics of a low-carb diabetic diet. This will aim to draw together the key points, including quotes from forum members. Please could we use this thread to draw together salient points - what you would like to see on a page of this type. I will then collate and create a page from it, linked to this thread. Newcomers can then use this page as a frame of reference. The page will also be linked to the success stories thread and any other relevant resources.

Does this sound like a good idea? Would you like to be involved?

Regards,

Admin

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
That is a great idea,thank you.If it can be kept as a low carb only discussion area, rather like the pump forum so much the better.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
i totally agree with sue,
great idea :D

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
In fact, thinking on this further, perhaps we should have a low-carb forum?

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
yep,i think thats a good idea :D

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
Great idea just what we need.

Regards Graham

Cameraman

Dislikes
Rude or ignorant people
Administrator said:
In fact, thinking on this further, perhaps we should have a low-carb forum?

Excellant idea there Boss
thumb_yello.gif

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??

Trinkwasser

I'm in two minds as to whether a low carb forum would be a good plan. On the one hand everyone who used it would know what they were getting into. On the other hand it is central to control for at least 90% of Type 2s and a significant number of Type 1s so moving the information OUT of other forums where people would no longer be exposed to it would not be a good plan.

Mind you, a section on low carbing which linked out to the many existing sources of information, recipes etc. would be an excellent antidote to DUK <grins>

Now let the arguments on how low is low begin. Some people fighting against low carbing for others turn out to eat about as few carbs as some of the "low" carbers they rail against.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
The idea,Trink is for anyone interested or actively low carbing to post in the forum.I'm sure that the ongoing low carb debate will continue in the general forum!! :wink:

The Governor

Like it - I think there's no harm at all in giving people general tips on how to do it healthily.

Having a forum might just help someone do it properly and not do themsleves too much damage (beyond the scurvy, brittle bones, boils, leprosy and bad breath :D )