Why can't I have an orgasm?

Anonymous Question

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Anonymous question submitted:

Ok, a little embarrassing but here goes... I'm a 30 year old female, type 1 for the past 22 years. I have been in a long term relationship for the past 5 years, with a steady, loving partner but have never managed to orgasm at all. He's my first sexual partner, and I'm very concerned about my lack of response. I have a very low sex drive, but enjoy it when it happens even although there's no 'end result' for me. He has no idea as I'd rather not hurt his feelings or make him feel inadequate when I'm convinced the problems lie with me and me alone. Does anyone else think my issues could be diabetes related, or has any other diabetic woman have similar problems? Thanks...

To submit a question, please go to http://www.diabetes.co.uk/ask-an-anonym ... stion.html

ellecook79

To be blunt, I have never had an orgasam just through penterative sex. I can however reach an orgasm through different stimulation.

Have you had an orgasm at all?

If you have, then just guide him a bit more with where to touch you. If not, you need to take some time to yourself and work out how to get yourself there - and then show him what to do!

I know that diabetes can affect you libido but it shouldn't affect your ability to reach an orgasm - everyone is different - you just need to find the way!

Elle x :wink:

picklebean

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There are a whole host of reasons why you could be having trouble with this! But as Elle said, diabetes can affect you libido but it shouldn't affect your ability to reach an orgasm. Have you talked to your GP? They may be able to help.

Elle is a wise woman... what she said is good advice! It comes (haha) from knowing yourself and being able to share that with your partner.

Good luck!

AMBrennan

Whilst I am not an expert, anorgasmy is a recognised condition so it may not be that simple.
[in particular, it's a listed side effect of citalopram I am taking, which is why this topic caught my eye]

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Diabetes can cause neuropathy in the longer term if blood sugar control is poor. This will tend to affect nerve sensitivity and hence the ability to orgasm. You may be able to judge this for yourself, but there are many reasons for lack of orgasm including certain drugs.

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Certainly experiment with safe alternative methods of stimulation. If that fails, don't be embarrassed to tell your doctor and most importantly be open with your partner about it.

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app