Bad Boy

bilbo51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
not playing golf
Hi I have been diagnosed for over a year now with type two .At my last examination the diabetic nurse told me that as I had followed the guide lines that she thought due to such good results that I could now be pre diabetic . Foolishly as I was always fond of sweet things I went a little mad and had digestives and a packet of areo chocolate and around 200 g of grapes , .When I went to bed I found I couldn't sleep and felt a little anxious and then had prickly sensations in my feet and hands . That was around 11 o clock and here I am writing on this forum at 04.07 am and still can't sleep . I have never been one for going to the toilet at nights or having a thirst .. I have lost a little weight . I do play a lot of golf around 5 times a week and have been known to go 20 plus days straight depending on the weather . is there anyone out there who has had the same symptoms or any idea what this could be ..Thanks in advance.
Bill

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Yep, in the beginning when I didn't control how many carbs I ate I too had those symptoms, so think you know what to do.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Hi Bill, I suppose if you were pre diabetic ie not yet diabetic it may be possible to wind back the clock and live a normal life but unfortunately once you are diabetic you will always be diabetic, you cant go back from being diabetic to being pre diabetic except in numbers.

It's possible for many people to control their diabetes and keep non diabetic bg levels but they are well controlled diabetics not pre diabetics or cured ex diabetics. Unfortunately at present there is no cure for diabetes, mores the pity.

I myself have managed, so far, to keep non diabetic bg levels for the last 4 years but I am under no illusion, I know full well that if I were to eat a large plateful of mashed potato, rice or pasta or 2 or 3 slices of crusty white bread my blood sugar would go straight into double figures.

My last "accident" was a cream tea whilst on a short break on the Isle of Wight which included 2 scones, a couple of hours later 12 mmol/L or something :oops: It was nice though :lol:

creamteas.jpg

bernie.freeman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
selfish people
OOOOOOh Sid, that looks yummy ............................. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Sid - we disagree on many things, BUT, Jam THEN Cream is the ONLY way to eat a scone!

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Patch said:
Sid - we disagree on many things, BUT, Jam THEN Cream is the ONLY way to eat a scone!

Its a library picture Pat but.....I could never work out how to spread jam on top of cream so I was always a jam then cream man myself as you can spread the jam and then just dollop the cream on top :D

I believe that dollop is the correct technical term but correct me if I'm wrong :lol:

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bernie.freeman said:
OOOOOOh Sid, that looks yummy ............................. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yummy but deadly Bernie, for me at least :(

But maybe worth the risk once in a while :shifty:

Ann19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OOOOOOO cream teas are (or maybe that should be were) yummy. Yes, cream definately has to be 'dolloped'

Ann

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
M and s do a trio of scones with jam and cream.
They're taster size but are touted at 150 calories.
I sank three yesterday:mrgreen: