Hi all

bazzzar

Hi, name is Paul and been type 2 for a few years now. I've been managing my diabetes quite well with diet, metformin (2000mg) and sitagliptin (100mg). I try and not rely on the meds to keep my levels down so I'm quite careful when choosing what to eat. I saw the post on Facebook so decided to install the app, it has proven most helpful already as my dad has been type 2 for over 40yrs and it's hard to get him to try new ways of managing his BG.
On another note, I hear doctors and nurses piping on about foot care but would like to hear from members the best way to treat hard skin on my heals. The wife rubs in moisturiser but doesn't seem to be making any difference.
Sorry for the long winded post! :mrgreen:

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Sharon68

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Paul and welcome to the forum. I was fairly recently diagnosed and have found this place to be a huge help.

I get very hard skin on my heels mainly because I hate wearing socks and usually go barefoot round the house. I tend to use Bodyshop Hemp Foot-cream. Sometimes I put a liberal amount on just before going to bed and put on a pair of cotton socks, this really soaks in.

punto53

Hi Paul I suffer from time to time with hard skin on my heels really bad then I tried a new cream called flexitol heel balm rub in twice a day its OK for diabetics. Its good for hard skin and cracks mine used to be really bad until I was recommended it I only use it once a week because its under control now. Its quite expensive roughly 5 pounds but worth it!!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

bazzzar

Thank you very much for the advice. I'm sure my wife used some bodyshop stuff but didn't seem to do anything. I will certainly try the Flexitol. I'm also having two toenails removed this week, already had my big toe nails removed, it doesn't appear to be diabetes related they have just decided to grow in a very strange way, probably down to how I cut them.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
I use Blue Line Nutri-Repair Cream (not the balm) for very dry feet which is the best I have ever tried. However it's expensive here. I buy it in a pharmacy and use it once a day although the instructions say twice a day. It is supposed to repair cracks too.