Suggestions for PMT with diabetes?

Isobel94

Hi everyone,

I posted about this earlier and maybe it was too long :p apologies but I was very confused at the time.

I'd just like to ask if any women out there have troubles with hormones at the time of the month which affect their blood glucose levels, and ask what your response to those glucose levels might be?

Usually I would have unexplained high glucose levels. Where I should be around 7-8 mmol/l I'd end up 14-16mmol/l. But lately I've been low in the evenings-- the past three evenings-- and I don't really know why. I'm not sure what's going on. Usually around this time of month (day 17-18) things start to go wrong, but not in the hypo direction :p

I just think it's so unfair to be a diabetic woman sometimes :(

Izzy.

cherylle

hiya am the same my levels go up and down iv mentioned it to my D.N its hormones thats all i get.Then she wants to know how i know this as they wont let me have blood monitor or strips so i have to buy my own.Iv lost over a stone and half only because of me monitoring my own b.g am going on one now because my p.m.t is bad at the moment so yes its so unfair to be a women.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Isobel94

Thanks Cherylle for the reply. I am hoping it has something to do with the fact that I'm on the Pill, and also that I'm eighteen and possibly not fully settled hormonally. I had to order a repeat prescription too for testing strips because I just get a couple of days where I don't know what the hell is going on and the only thing you can do is monitor :(. It's horrible because you feel it's your fault but it isn't, really, it's just takes a bit of figuring out... or a lot of figuring out :shock: