Stubbed Toe and BM going down

mchphoto

Hi
I recently stubbed my toe and said ouch and thourght nothing more of it, but 2 days later I have a slight infection in the big toe, so my question is while the body is trying to repair this infection does this bring your blood sugars down a bit, as over the past few days I have felt a bit light headed more often than I like and un one case I had a hypo with a bm of 2.8. My eating habits have not changed much if any, so still the same amount of food and I had my sugars under control. (Type 2 with Metformin 1g per day)

I am off to the Doctors Monday AM for an emergency apt as I also have some swolen throat glands and I think both these things together might be bringing down my blood sugars a bit faster than normal, whilst the body is trying to treat 2 infected parts of my body and is using my normal sugars to fight this.

Any constructive comments please

Thanks

MIchael

blothom

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rudeness, ignorance, racism, intolerance and butter beans
Please get your toe checked out asap. I lost a nail on my big toe, and got an infection, but didn't notice because it didn't hurt. By the time I realised, because my toe had swollen and gone purple (about 2-3 weeks after) I was admitted to hospital for an emergency amputation. If it had been left even until the next day I might have lost my foot or worse. I am type 2, since 1999, but had ignored my diabetes for the last two years, and had very high sugar levels, which I now have to control with insulin (1 week down, rest of my life to go) but it was a hard learned lesson. Hopefully with your BM being lower this won't be such a problem, but better to be checked out. Good luck :thumbup:

mchphoto

I went straight to the doctors and got it checked out, it has now healed (thank goodness) and they are sending me to the podiatrist for a check up and advice on general foot care.

My toe was hurting and therefore I looked at it, saw the problem and got it sorted asap

As they say in all the clinics and online if you have a problem with your feet see the doctor or medical profesional ASAP do not leave it thinking it will go away!

thanks

Michael