Tired already!

Twinks

Hi everyone, im new to the forums and having diabetes really as i was diagnosed just under a year ago after putting all the symptoms together and realising it must b diabetes as well as having a family history with diabetes, i find it really hard when others who don't have diabetes try to tell me what i should b doing such as what i shud eat as well as feeling like i dont have anyone to talk to wen it comes to things that may b worrying me as they dont have diabetes so they dont understand and switch off or i have others who constantly ask if my bgs are ok and constantly going on at me making me feel like i dont fit and making rude comments just wonderin if anyone has any advice that might make me feel better about it all

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Disgruntled

Re: Tired already!

Hya Twinks and welcome to the forum. :wave:
It can be hard to deal with all the "how are your bgs" and "should you be eating that" and all the disinterest in you because you have something important to talk about rather than the usual gossip :wink:
Believe me, been there done that got the Tshirt already :roll: Suddenly everyone you know thinks they know more about it all than you do. This is human nature unfortunately. The ones making the rude coments just ignore them darling they are just rude and not worth listening to anyway.

This forum is a great place to come. air your thoughts, rant a little, get advice and give some too. or just to say hi.
Sometimes just reading a few threads or posts is enough. I sometimes come in just to do that.

I have times when I just want to say to people mind your own business, I know what I'm doing. I don't want to eat it I just said I could go that. (choccy cake :) ) because it's usually the first time I've said OOOh look at that I could sink my teeth in that.
They know you don't, they know you won't but they just have to say something. :roll:

It's normal Twinks.
I now this sounds like I'm on a rant of my own, just trying to show you you not alone.
that's why we're all here. to get support from eachother.
Hope things get a bit easier for you hun xxx