awareness ribbon

apples-mum

Hi. My daughter is T1 dx April this year. She's doing brilliantly :D I would really like to get a tattoo to show my support and how proud I am of her. Can anyone tell me what colour the diabetes ribbon is? I've seen a grey one with red blood drop and also a grey and blue one. America seems to favour the plain grey one, is it the same for UK? Want to get it right! Don't fancy the cement logo ;)

faircot

Um. I'd be a little wary about having a diabetes themed tattoo if I didn't have diabetes. If you collapsed in the street, the ambulance crew MIGHT just be confused!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

apples-mum

You misunderstood me. I want an AWARENESS ribbon tattoo. Its not even going to say diabetes on it. I only want to clarify whether its grey or blue and grey. I don't want a medic alert tattoo

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
Ive been diabetic since 97 I didn't know there was an awareness ribbon!

apples-mum

The American site uses a grey ribbon with a red blood drop in it but I have also seen a blue and grey one with type 1 on it. Just want to know which one is more universally used as I don't want the blue circle (which to me represents a cement brand!)