Cadex alarm watch

DavidMH

Hi, I recently saw an advert for a 12 alarm watch, ideal for someone like myself who has a memory shorter than a bored goldfish.

I made the purchase and found within minutes it had a problem, I have contacted the company (e- pill) on Friday and am waiting on a reply, as it is the weekend I will give them a few days to reply before trying again. Has anyone else used this watch and did they have any issues with it?

Many thanks

Dave

DavidMH

Well the watch played up again, are there tricks anyone knows with these multiple alarm watches? I tried a 'hard reset' by pressing all the buttons at the same time, it bleeped as per the instructions and all data/alarms were lost, it came back on (without settings and data) and I reprogrammed it but it is still acting up.

Hopefully e-pill will get back to me asap?

Dave

DavidMH

Quick update, I eventually got an email from the e-pill sales department. They felt they could help if they phoned me and went through the watch in case I was doing something wrong! The instructions are very clear and in English, and I am a retired IT lecturer, I am sure I can programme a watch!!

So despite the condescending attitude I agreed to their request, gave them my phone number and advised that I would need to stay up late due to time zone differences. Typical I was not feeling at my best and waited for the call..............it did not come!

The company, 'e - pill' have sold me a something not fit for purpose and I have decided to exercise my right to a refund, looking at the watch the concept is great, the quality and construction is poor....along with the customer service.

NOT BEST PLEASED!

Dave

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Have you considered setting alarm times into your mobile phone? My phone is very handy for pill prompts and my much needed shopping list :thumbup:

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
Dave

I also use my phone for daily alarms to remind me to take my medication, insulin and make up batches daily. It's very easy indeed and you'd never forget if you take your phone with you. As it's a blackberry it's synched with my laptop too, so I've no excuse not to take my stuff.

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
Please tell me you didn't spend $99.00 on this!

LittleWolf

I echo Mart; what an expensive gadget!

We all carry our phones with us pretty much 24/7 and may of them have a multiple alarm system or the smartphones have applications with notifications we can set.

If you have the money it's nifty though. Just a shame about the customer service. Have you had a look around the Internet and seen if there is a forum for the product or any tutorials/fixes on YouTube? X

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

DaveMH

Hi all and thank you for taking the time to answer. I have set my mobile (Samsung S3) and it is very good in fact perfect, I even have a little app on there for tracking your sugars/Hba1c etc.

In fact it has never failed but remember not to:

Leave it in the house when you go out.
Leave it in the car.
Leave it at your friends (assuming you took it out of the car in the first place).
Remember to take it off 'mute' as you were in a meeting/library

ETC.

My memory is terrible so I went for the watch, something I have never worn since moving to Spain, I came here to semi retire and not be driven by time. So the watch it was and yes I did pay $99.00 for this er POS :oops:

I should have known as soon as I saw those most fatal three words in history on the back cover:

'MADE IN CHINA' :evil:

I have sent another email this morning and have yet to get a reply back, I have in fact now requested my money back. I am so disappointed, it promised a lot and delivered oh so much less. Yesterday the display went blank only to return all garbled, another reset (which wipes the memory) and it had to be loaded over again, it appears to have come back to life but the alarm volume has been adjusted by the noise abatement society, I have heard a mouse fart louder!

I tend to have quite a varied lifestyle and when I get engrossed in something (jet ski repair today for example) I forget to eat on time etc. Having the watch to hand (no pun intended) is a great way to be reminded. At the moment I am not worried about hypos, as I still have a way to go before I get near 'good numbers' however, I feel I should adjust my lifestyle with a regular eating/snack/blood tests, trying to 'do the right thing' now so it becomes a habit. In case anyone wondered, I wear a divers watch when in the sea, just to bulky to wear everyday. The Cadex is not waterproof but is small enough to be worn at length all day, for me if it worked it would be fine.

I am annoyed to say the least, will I get stressed about this? Probably, but I will give e pill some more time to respond, I think everyone regardless of who they are should be given the chance to make amends, if not.......well shall we say I spent a lot of time teaching web page design!

Re instruction on internet etc, I have the paper that came with it, and if I don't know how to set a watch then I have unleashed many hundreds of thick IT students on the world!! I checked out the reviews as well, with a rating of 3.8 stars from 5 (Amazon) it did not seem that bad however, it seems those that got a good one were happy, the poor reviews were people who had trouble from day one as have I, it also seems the poor customer service gets attached to the faulty watches, they reckon 50,000 have been sold? It was invented by a woman who can be seen advertising on utube and the ad is quite old, in general something that is that bad does not stay around for long, perhaps I just got a Friday night watch?

Thanks again for your comments and ideas guys and girls, they really are appreciated, I promise to get back to you as and when something happens.

Dave

DaveMH

Hi all, e-pill replied to my email at last. They claimed I did not send the correct phone number, are these guys for real? Obviously I have a 'paper trail' and kept copies of the emails sent and of course the number is correct along with the advisory note about being in Spain and the request to allow for the time zone etc. I have requested a refund of the watch, shipping and the cost of returning it to them.

I am shocked at this display of poor customer service, the condescending tones along with BS excuses is just not acceptable.

At this time I await their reply, and will get back to the forum as soon as I get a reply.

regards

Dave

DaveMH

Hi all, despite sending another email and marking it as 'high priority' e-pill have failed to respond! This is unbelievable, of course it is now the weekend so another two days will pass before I have a chance to get a reply!

Perhaps they are dragging out replies so the '30 day money back guarantee' expires?

regards

Dave

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Be persistent, Dave. No one likes a pain in the ****! :) They'll soon cave in.

SimonClifford

The older smartphones come in a very low prices. They're handy for lots of other things too (in fact it's quite rare that I use the phone to speak to people!)
If you're happy with a model that's 2-3 years old many companies will give 'em away with a modest contract.
With an operating system like android or iOS, I'm sure you'll be aware of the extensive capabilities as a timer.

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Simon,

He has a phone with the alarms and apps, he just forgets to pick it up, lol.

SimonClifford

Ahh, well, there's little that can be done under that circumstance. People around you are a jolly good "backup" in a desperate situation. If its just very occasionally, is forgetting the odd non-critical drug a problem?
(On my list, the ace-inhibitors, statins & aspirin sometimes get forgotten, I must admit!).

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Simon, set an alarm on your phone! :) seriously, hope you don't forget too often! I have drugs work, home bag. And my phone all the while, kept with my travel card. I can't leave without it as the bus stop is 2 mins away. :) stay cool.

DaveMH

Well another update, of course there was no reply from e-pill. I have put them on notice that I may consider legal action in the event of no response, so far nothing. This company has scant regard for it's customers opinions or concerns once they have your money.

regards

Dave

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Sadly, many companies lack respect or morality over when it comes to currency. Post a real shitogram of a review on their website if you can.

These people need to be taught a lesson.

Tell them you're a lawyer, they may have a bit more urgency then.

They've been dishonest with you, after all and you're IT savvy, why not send it on a knocked up headed letter? :)

Mart.

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Why not send them an invoice for £15 per email, £20 a phone call so far and then bombard them? It may not work, but would be funny. They'd brick it.

DaveMH

Well an update is due, sadly e-pill reminders have failed to respond to my various emails, I am so shocked as American companies tend (in my experience) to have excellent customer service, it seems that e pill is the exception. I have now lodged a claim with PayPal, I am hoping to reclaim my purchase and shipping price, but alas have had to lose money sending the watch back to epill. I will advise if anything happens in the near future.

Dave MH