Odd reading

Pearsall85

Hey all I went to the gym this morning and came back had my lunch as normal with a slightly lower dose of novarapid, checked 2 hours later and I was sitting nicely at 5.9. Just check before dinner a further 3 hours on and it's shot up to 14! Now I've had the same lunch as yesterday which caused me no problems but I've not had anything else to eat in between lunch and dinner could that of been the problem?

Stu.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Pearsall85

Woke up this morning with a reading of 14 after being 4.5 last night. I had a biscuit before I went to bed just to put it up a little so not to drop too low. Could my lantus of got too hot and not be working anymore?

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
It could be anything or nothing. We all get the odd random reading that just doesn't make sense. If it keeps happening, investigate further. If it's a one off, wouldn't worry.

Pearsall85

Another update, after waking with a reading of 14 I had breakfast and gave myself a correction does. 2 hours later I had come down to 10 but then an hour after that shot back up to 13. Would this be a sign of my lantus not working?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
First thing I do is change my insulin when I get consecutive high readings for no obvious readings (such as illness/stress). With the heat in the last couple of weeks insulin can deteriorate much faster and it may be losing its potency, may not be the case but certainly worth a try Stu!

Roberto

Tried splitting your lantus??

Suggested to me on here last week and in now splitting my lantus to 8am and 9pm and touch wood seems to be working well for me.

Roberto

It's annoying when a spanner is thrown in.

I've eaten the same every day this week for breakfast and had good BG levels and no hypos.

Just tested now for 2 hours after my breakfast and had a 11.1. I'm trying not to get too worked up about it, as long as they are not regular.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Pearsall85 said:
Changed my lantus pen last night and woke up with a reading of 4.0 and I've kept it below 6 so far so my old lantus must of gone funny.

Great news :thumbup: