Simvastatin versus Lipitor - experiences

pickledpepper2

Being pressurised to take a statin by doc. Have held out thus far, but will probably be compelled if next test result is still high.

Simvastatin is out of the question as it effects my muscle. Doctor suggested Lipitor.

Just wondering what people's opinions and experiences have been in comparing the two?

Thoughts appreciated.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
I went through the lot until Crestor and that fits in with me just fine :thumbup:
I also take co-enzime Q 10 which helps with the muscles.

twosweet

I refuse to take statins. simvastatin affected my muscles and is cognitive.

My doc persists with his recommendation that I take one or the other.
I persist with my refusal to be pressured into it.

It is after all my body. I just ignore him or tell him that there are too many reports advising against it, by med-professionals, who are open to alternatives or different information.

pickledpepper2

I'm probably going to give it a miss too.

Thing is, I have a high LDL level but I also have a high HDL level too, just wonder if they cancel each other out?

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
pickledpepper2 said:
Thanks for that.

Can we get the doc to prescribe co-enzime Q 10? Or is it yet another thing out of our pocket?

My GP wont add them to my list but the 30mg is all you need and from Tesco they are reasonably priced especially when on offer. I always buy when on offer from any supplier especially a BOGOF :D

pickledpepper2

Hobs said:
pickledpepper2 said:
Thanks for that.

Can we get the doc to prescribe co-enzime Q 10? Or is it yet another thing out of our pocket?

My GP wont add them to my list but the 30mg is all you need and from Tesco they are reasonably priced especially when on offer. I always buy when on offer from any supplier especially a BOGOF :D

I'm like that too! A sucker for a good deal. lol