Is it ok???

David82

Dislikes
High carb foods lol
Hi, im a new diabetic type 1,, just wondering is it ok to take two Paracetamol pills for a head-acne,, will they affect my BS levels ????

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Might sound a bit daft, one paracetamol may be used, to help the pain, but not 2.
Phone your GP for advice as you may be on other medication or problems that we are not aware of.

Best of luck with the headache.

Roy :)

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've just had my tonsils out. I'm on 8 paracetamol, 3 ibuprofen and 3 dihydrocodeine a day. Have been for 6 days. It's had no effect on my BG at all, it was all prescribed by my consultant.

It doesn't hurt to be cautious. Always check with your doctor or DSN if you're unsure.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've got a wisdom tooth playing up at the moment and I'm taking 6 ibuprofen and 6 paracetomol a day to keep the swelling down.

I hadn't even thought about talking to a doctor about it, and have no intention of doing so.

Blood sugars were high last night at bed time, but I susepct that was more likely to be due to the massive dessert I ate at a restaurant last night :shh:

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I currently have an IV of paracetamol coming into my arm. Fairly certain they wouldn't do that had there been a worry about blood sugars haha