Probably newly diagnosed-blood results bad

Martina79

Hello all,

I went for blood test as i have few symptomps of diabetes and i been told on phone 'they are bad i need to see nurse next week'.
i cant wait before speak to her as it may take another week and secondly i dont trust doctors therefore i came to ask here. i am sorry it will take an efort to read all this but i'd appreciate if you could write me your opinion.
5 years ago i was pregrant with my ex, i was in diff. country, without no proper job no money, i changed my mind and went for abortion. it was bad lost years i drinked occasionally,smoked, been stresed as things werent as planned, and i noticed yet during pregnancy i am urinating more often. i went to see dr i been told it happens in some women as muscles can become weak or the womb is extending putting pressure on other musccles etc. years went by and i slowly became overweight, lazy, depressed and isolated and in another country. i went back to study but i felt stressed about everything, i tried to loose weight, i didnt eat much but it i wasnt motivated really. then i changed adress moved to new uni to study finally what i always wanted, one should be happy but not me. i was more overweight and seemed that i am loosing all my musscles. i said to myself its probably because of aging and maybe that pregnancy before.i was focusing on studies, in school i wasnt copying well with stress and i was easily annoyed by people.on the begining of year i started to have problems with my stomach-big cramps and i felt so irritable by this i was avoiding people, i was rude to dr who told me its nothing serious(altrough everytime they took my urine)and now during holidays i was determined to loose weight before next year. i started exercise routine as i did 10 years ago, but i after exercise i had prbably hypoglicemia- shakeness, weakness, feeling of loosing consciousness and hunger. i also started to have so big cramps in legs that i couldnt do running or long walk. i made 1 plus 1 and straight away visited dr. yet i had brown marks on my inner thights wich looks disgusting.
I told everything to Dr , she took my urine test and was ngative. she then started like i wasnt hypoglicemic but hyperglicemic that is normal when somebody rapidly change lifestyle and if i had diabetes it would show up in urine, and that dark marks on skin is fungus and big hunger is of low calories.
So now you see i dont trust Drs. i been to many of them in last years with symptoms that could indicate i was diabetic and noone even suggested. why? because i wasnt extremely overweight and didnt pass in coma? for what all those urine tests are? they take it almost each time on visit....i hear goverment is complaining treating diabetes cost lot of money, so why DRs are not trained to ask for early symptoms and take a proper tets at least once in two years? i guess blood test is less expensive than life long treat.what do you think should be more knowledgable, a patitent or Dr?

My father got diabetes in his 40ties, i think type 1 as he got 2 heart failures and 1 bypass , he almost went blind, was in hospital and shot insuline but then it went down to type 2.he takes about 15 tablets each day. My grandmum had diabetes as long as i remember,she had big problem to manage it,she lost fingers, got kidney failure and when they had to amputate her leg she said she doesnt want it so she better died:(
there is no surprise i got it as well, but as young you dont think it would happen to you. i still hope the Dr will say to me i am 'pre-diabetic' but i think ill be glad if my kidneys stomach and feet will be working properly.
what worries me is my plans for job.i am not sure if i can manage to make career (its something in creative field) sometimes its very stressful, working long hours,under pressure,therefore tiptop physical and mental energy is required. in other words, i was just starting to build up my dreams, loose weight, get nice shape, get married, start family, finish education, get job, start business.within 1 or two years....yes i did some mistakes, was careless, but.. well, life isnt fair and we all gonna meet there on the same place anyway...i wish i could manage to be optimistic as english do , but i just cant at the moment.
In last three days i didnt eat any sugary food just vegetarian as i normaly eat and realised i have much more enrgy since morning. i tried to eat few candies and after that i went to toilet straight away and then every 10 minutes. also when i ate lot of sugars , for example a chocolade bar,i start to feel some bubling in kidneys. first it was left kidney where i had sometimes a stabbing pain and then the right kidney.but the pain went away.

I also have a question, as i try to avoid chemical medicine, what would you recoment for cleaning kidneys? what kind of sport drink i can use before exercise? i am used to drink Lucosade but maybe thats why i feel hypo after running. esspecially in hot weather. i dont know what to use.
and last question is do you think i still might be prediabetic?;-) or how long do you think i have diabetes? do you think i might have it since the pregnancy? and do you think there could be some serious harm to body in these 5 years?

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You will have to wait to see what your results are before anyone can say whether you are diabetic or pre-diabetic.
Don't eat too many carbohydrates as they will make you feel worse.

Some say that lemon juice in water is good for kidneys and also helps prevent kidney stones, so that may be a help cleansing them.

Hope all goes well
Angie

WhitbyJet

Dear Martina
Welcome to the forum
You certainly seem to have had some problems over the last few years, unfortunately none of us can help you in regards of a diagnosis.
Your symptoms could well be due to diabetes, or they could be something else completely. I know you said that you dont trust doctors but I truly think in this instance it would be best to have some tests to hopefully find out whats going on there. You have mentioned a variety of symptoms, and yes some would point in the direction of diabetes or pre-diabetes, thyroid disease, hormonal imbalance to name but a few, you really do need to have a proper diagnosis and then take things from there.

In regards to kidney problems, is it possible that you have an infection? Again this is something that needs to be checked by your doctor, I cant even advise you on what to do there, in case you do have something wrong with yoru kidneys, sometimes we are advised to drink plenty, other kidney conditions require fluid restrictions.

If I were you I would get on to that phone first thing tomorrow and insist on seeing a doctor and discuss the test results, simply telling you over the phone that your results are bad and that you should speak to the nurse in a weeks time or so is not good enough.
You are worried, you need to have an explanation now, not next week or whenever.

Please come back and tell us the outcome, I wish you all the very best x

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Your Post raises many questions as it covers many aspects of your condition. First some of your symptoms such as stomach cramps, weak muscles and so on are not connected with diabetes; some of the symptoms may be. GPs have a fairly standard range of approaches to diabetes testing and diagnosis, although their competence with diabetes does vary a lot. The urine test is a bit rough and ready but a negative result does show that you don't have advanced diabetes but that's all. The GPs after asking questions about symptoms may then take brief instant blood samples (prick tests) with a glucose meter or arrange a GTT (Glucose Tolerance Test). The better HBa1C test is normally carried out several months after diabetes is diagnosed but a GP may choose to do it anyway. If you suspect diabetes you need to stop drinking Lucozade immediately as it will make it much worse if you are diabetic and taking glucose is not necessary as part of a normal diet. You need to review the carb content of your diet. You don't need anything to clean the kidneys as they are quite capable of cleaning themselves and so on. So, in summary you are mixing up too many different issues and probably confusing the GP. Do provide a sensible list of symptoms you have and let the GP do the appropriate tests. You can always buy a glucose meter to test yourself if you are worried. Sorry if I sound a bit harsh but you need to help the GP help you.

Martina79

Daibell- I dont believe in any god, any dr, only myself. thats what tough life teach me. now lets think logically ( is your current sugars in normal?:) you r right about brief blood test. WHY the hell they r not ofering them as a part of check up or when there is suspicion from overal datas? the DRs are asking only questions directly related to issue but without deeper abstract thinking. for example if you come there with a stomach pains, they will treat your stomach but that stomach doesnt have to be stomach itself, it can be other more serious illness and that main issue needs to be cured first.
i remember Dr laughing loudly to my eyes when i visited him with a blurred vision and asked if its chlamidia. She never been tought in school that chlamidia can get to your eyes as well. on each 100 Drs there is only one good. thats the reality.
i have many diabetic sympoms which i can clearly write to you:
- hyperglicemia and hypoglicemia (especially if i skip breakfast, a meal, or after heavy exercise, and first warning sympoms are cramps in stomach, if i eat something sugary, i feel better, or if hypoglicemia, i go for walk and feel much better)
- craps in legs and less sensitivity around achiless (dont need explain further)
- constant loo after eating sugars , even at night
- brown pigmentation on skin in forehead and legs
- heavy and long pms
- loosing muscless easily
- loosing weight with difficulty
- craving onion and garlic ( body tells what do you need)

and the last- the bad results

They wont tell me over phone as they are not qualified on reception and said i need to make appoitment with a nurse.
i gonna call there tommorow morning to make apoitment and will ask for appoitment asap. because they cant let me wait some days, nor even make that instant blood test if i am experiencing hypoglicemia, confusioon, disorientation, and its not really nice feeling when your life might be threaten.
and i do have a feel the Dr dont take me seriously enough and if i didnt push her for blood test i would never find out what the problem is. yet she didnt know difference between hyperglicemia and hypoglicemia. i am sorry to be honest but thats what NHS is and as soon as ill make enough money after fisnish school ill get private Dr. and because of often hypoglicemia, it would be 7 or more , therefore they should make appoitment with me asap. but they know they r only one GP foruniversity so they have many people and i had to wait 3 weeks for f... blood test and experience those unknown things and dont know what to do.o dear.

when i will know ill be back guys, thanks

Martina79

Whitby- If i eat sugar (or you) then kidneys absorb big amount of water and immediatly work on it to deal with that sugars, and because i experience it ONLY after eating some bigger amount of sugar, its for sure that its diabetes:( i never paid attention to it, i was focused on other things i never trough i could have it as young like that,(and as teenager untill 26 i did sports) but now when i have time to think about it , and WHENi started to do work out regime and stopped smoking and craving and eating lot of sugars, it plummeted up and down thats why those hypoglicemias. every day i wake up and ask myself if its dream, my whole life changed.i changed my priorities, and appreciate every day life better, learn how to deal with stress and avoid people that stress me out.-which is almost everybody at this moment because i cant talk with people who are not enough smart, not interesting personality.i am dull with that:)

whompa73

Dislikes
Chavs
First of all if it was realy that bad a result they would usually ring and ask you to either co e imediatly or go straight to hospital . Although given my Dr's Intrest I diabetes I could beleive this could be overlooked. As for having a hypo if you are diabetic it is impossable to my understanding any way to have a hypo unless on medication as it is that that causes the hypo however if you have been running high for a while it only takes a relative small drop in bgs to give a false hypo . There is no chance of loosing consciousness but can feel unpleasent however the worst thing you can do is feed a false hypo sugar as it teaches you boddy to carry on craving it and you need to go below that barrier to to get your bg to acceptable levels. Low carb is the way I have gone and its worked for me. Realy you need to be testing so get to boots or some other chemist a d buy a meter. You are right in some ways about treating the cause not just the obvios problem but you also have to realise that not all of your symptoms or problems are caused by the diabetes and should be treated somtims as an individual problem (even if diabetes related) as diabetes is notoriously difficult to treat and the eleviation of immediate problem/symptom is easyer and more quickly delt with singuarly than wating for for the diabetes control to have an effect. Last of all and you may not like what I have to say you have to take responsibility for this no one else can do this for you and the data needed to controll this illnesses will have to be collated by you and the surgestions for controll implemented by you nobody can baby walk you through this you are going to have to do the work. You can either rail against it and blame everyone else ( truth is regardless of what some national rags would have everone beleive its realistically nobodys fault ) or you can accept it and take controll. You will get the info you need on here by some really good peaple who have been through everything you are now and sometimes more besides. The more laid back people on here seem to deal with and control it better. Trust them some know more about their own disease then most Dr's ever will . Goodluck chuck

Martina79

Hello Whompla- you are not right with saying hypo can be only in people on medicine. who told you that, nhs Dr? :crazy:

Causes of Hypoglycemia in Diabetes
In people with diabetes, hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) develops when there is not enough sugar (glucose) in your body to be used as fuel for cells. A number of different factors can cause hypoglycemia, including certain medications and diet. Certain medical conditions can also make hypoglycemia more common in people with diabetes.

the source taken from diabetes webmd

whompa73

Dislikes
Chavs
Ok I'm sure your right and you have the worst case of diabetes ever diagnosed and every possable and conceivable manifestation of diabetic ailments and complications. You have been given advice by some realy good people on here and you have attacked all and everything they have said and on other topics too. I understand you are angry but you also far too prickly.
Wether you beleivebme or not I realy do wish you good luck and hope you can come to terms with it. My dr is **** aswell so if it wasnt for the people on here I'd be stuffed. I asked questions and listened and implemented . I have a tottaly new and diffrent (in a good way) life to what I had 3 weeks ago.
Dont realy know what else to say

xAoifex

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
whompa73 said:
Ok I'm sure your right and you have the worst case of diabetes ever diagnosed and every possable and conceivable manifestation of diabetic ailments and complications. You have been given advice by some realy good people on here and you have attacked all and everything they have said and on other topics too. I understand you are angry but you also far too prickly.
Wether you beleivebme or not I realy do wish you good luck and hope you can come to terms with it. My dr is **** aswell so if it wasnt for the people on here I'd be stuffed. I asked questions and listened and implemented . I have a tottaly new and diffrent (in a good way) life to what I had 3 weeks ago.
I wish the forum had a "like" button!

andywright

Have you Considered geting yourself a blood test meter from the chemist and doing a blood test yourself ? May help. Good Luck :D

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Hi . Ive invested in a monitor and been surprised at what raises my blood sugar and what doesn't. Also found it interesting to see what my symptoms are for the corresponding blood sugar readings.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Martina79

Whompa- yea i know these words ' i am just trying to help'. when in reality your purpose is different. its ok to ego-boost yourself but then be prepared for atack.darling
btw i am really sick of people who keep saying you have no diabetes, this is not symptoms of diabetes, when of course that single symptom is not nesesary indicator of diabetes but MANY sympoms ARE indicator of diabetes. if you want to make diagnose then you have to look overally on all indications. ...it was Drs, people here, people there,and who was right? me. with 6.4 almost:) some ppl have no symptoms at all, some have and are aware of many. i dont know why people in uk underestimate what i am saying, esspecialy those who dont absolutely know me.
when you start to advice somebody be prepared for explanation. if you dont have logic one , then leave the discusion.when i am not sure about something, i dontgive advice or underestimate other person opinion...now u r lost, as u realised i was right (not that i expected you was reading about the subject)and started to play 'Mr Hurted one'.childish.

whompa73

Dislikes
Chavs
Ok where to start mh lets go with ego-boost . There are so many people on here trying to help others this is not to massage their ego but out of a gunuine consern for outhers and a desire to help by helping others to understand the realities of diabetes by somone with practical experience rarther than someone who's only experience is looking through a rext book. But rarther than graciously accepting any advice (ADVICE THAT YOU HAVE ASKED FOR) you immediately go on the attack . trawling through google pages trying to disprove some part or all of a peice of generously given advice that has quite often been hard won through the experiences of those brilliantly wonderfull inderviduals. No matter what the mediacl problem there is always and exception to the rule, however it is usually prudent to go with the usual or norm rather than the obscure then use it to beat someone over the head with it ( this is not the only thread you have done this on and upset people) If you are not prepaird to accept advice then why bother asking. obviously you know better than everyone else so you shouldnt realy need any help in the first place. Oo now the logic, and lets also go with inteligence, and about haveing things explained, we will also bung into this element "you was wrong you was all wrong MWAaaahhhh look at my proof" . Ok logic ? You obviously have little to no understanding of it or even the correct context to use it in. for instance would it be logical to go on a forum and ask questions that you dont seem to want to know the answer to or indeed need to know as you already have answers that are right apposed to the ones you are given that you spit on as being wrong. Now for interlect as you have tryed constantly to belittle people with your objections and "superior cerebral capabilities" (pmsl) for their help . Firstly read my comments on logic , secondly we will now bring in the" you are all wrong see my proof " into it at this point aswell as you constant poo pooing ( yes I did just say that lol) and telling others to get their facts right before the try to help you (oh god im gona like this) 6.4!! Oh what heady hights. PRE DIABETIC . As you so fondly like to point are wrong even when in realistic terms they are not . Pre = before diabetic = someone suffering form the cronic disease of diabetes in the modern vernacular (or to pass through in ancient greek where the word originates) which anyone of logic or inteligence would realise means that you are NOT diabetic but stand a good chance of becoming so if you do not take measures to avoid it . So I am now sat here kinda wondering where your evidence is?. As what evidence you do have say not diabetic . However hypercondria may fit the bill but try looking up munchausen syndrome I that this may be pefect for you as it quite an obscure condition. With that in mind you do worry me as you seem hell bent intent on being diabetic. it wories me that you may do everything you can to push yourself over that line even to the piont of having eaten before your test. I just dont understant you insistance on being somthing you are not or should want to be. Once again you seem to want to beat people up with it. Next i dont think we need to do underestimate do we ? ?. So lets go with hurt child first my first comments have been echoed by practally all on here and I am not only sticking up for me but fore the many people you have tryed to belittle on here. secondly I am not hurt or even angry although I am extreemly vexed ( that would be pre angery or before anger, and bit like the diabetes) and thirdly for someone who acts like the most prissiest petulant spolt condescending little daddys girl it has been my misfortune to come accross in a very long time I am absolutely gob smacked that you would consider using the title to discribe someone. It obviously shows you have no comprehension of what you are saying or the kind of person you have portraid your self to be on this forum. And as for the suggestion I should leave consider what you are saying. I have asked for help I have appreciated the help I have used the help . This forum is a self help and comunity help site that is frequented by ley people who have experience and knowledge n offer out that infomation for the betterment of others. You however have just used it for a vent of your rath against those who have not simmpered to you whims and given only info you wish to hear. We are not scholars we are avrage people trying our best . Although you have managed to bring the worst out in me. but I dispise the way you have attacked those who have helped me.

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Reading all this, OP, it seems like you want Diabetes ?
If it were possible, I would gladly take mine off for you and hand it over... because it's a burden that I never asked for.

debs6566

Hi Martina . I have read your posts and I cant see anywhere if you think you are a type2 or type 1. It sounds like you have had a rough ride through the years and I can understand why you don't have a lot of faith in the health profession. I really believe that not all your symptoms are due to possible diabetes but they are real and looks like they will take time to resolve for you im afraid. I hope your eating regularly and if you have a read on the different posts ( I know there are a lot)there may be answers for you. I feel that once you know whats happening re-diabetes then your other issues may be dealt withHave you thought about talking to a counsellor if your still at uni - not everyone likes this but it may help . I hope you feel better soon

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
xAoifex said:
whompa73 said:
I wish the forum had a "like" button!

:clap: :thumbup:

im staying out of trouble so im responding with emotes :)

Martina79

Debs- Thankfully i got results and i am just missing 1 % of becoming diabetes type 2 , may be i have it already but glucose levels went down in last few months as i changed my lifestyle, a year ago i became veggie, stopped smoking etc. but whats for sure is, that i am in high risk and have to take serious aproach.... i was reading about diabetes when i suspected SEVERAL symptoms and realised, that body is always giving signals when change need to be done, and that those signals should be taken seriously and i am surprised so many people dont have a clue about those even Doctors or nurses which i visited longer time ago with problems related to higher glucose, when i registered nurse asks about your illness history in family, taking those urine samples, but noon of them got the point. ..and wen i described them on here everybody said these are not diabetic symptoms. why people do that? is it a purpose or missing knowledge?
yes i appreciate experienced advices and i am grateful for them really, but it cant help people if there is no deeper knowledge. without knowledge you cant even know your body thus your experience advice might be confusing and bring troubles to some people on here....i dont expect diabetic scientists here but really some level of basic knowledge should everybody with diab have.
imagine somebody similar to me with couple symptoms and progresing diabetes, people here will tell him its not diabetes and so the person will leave it behind untill serious complications begin.
As i say, it is not difficult to find out, as body say it by many ways, you know ur body and that something is wrong. you simply make 1 plus 1 and voila, here we go..no need to listen others who have no clue. in reality often people who get illness and experience themselves think they are suddenly experts and think about you as clueless because you dont have that illness.:)