Bad day

Lealea83

Hi,

Have been type 1 for 17 yrs, since I was 12, never really had great control, but now seeing a dietician and going in the right direction. But I find now my sugars are better controlled, they are so much more sensitive to an unexpected change in my environment.

Today I had to get off my bus much earlier due to traffic and walk further than normal to work, which resulted in a hypo, so I had lucozade and a banana, work was busier than normal and I had another hypo mid morning. Ate my normal lunch but injected a bit less as I'd been so low. Just finished work and low and behold another frickin low!!!

I feel so frustrated that I'm doing my best to keep them controlled and lose weight and I get these lows and have to eat and drink more than I want to and it just feels out of my control some times
:(

Rant over and breath!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Did you reduce your insulin for lunch, I have found in the past if I've had a hypo in the morning I require less insulin at lunch than usual. Probably the liver sucking up extra glucose to re~ store.
its a right pita doing unexpected activity. Much easier now on a pump though, is that something you have considered.

Sent from my GT-S5360

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
You have to factor exercise into your insulin to carb ratio, if you know your going to be active give a reduced dose by say 30% depending on what your doing, if the activity is unexpected then eat snacks to prevent a hypo.

Also check that your basal insulin is set at the right dose, this can lead to hypo's between meals.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's frustrating when you're trying so hard! Always carry an extra snack with you on the bus just in case you get off early again :)

Hellbunny

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Sorry you've had a rough day, hypos are draining, I do find I lower my ratios if I'm on the move a lot, can pretty much eat double/or half my insulin as I'm really sensitive to it!x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App