Dodgy Novorapid Flexpens?

Rockape671

Hi all,
I usually have pretty good control of my sugar levels, but a couple of months ago They went high for about 6 days, not sky high but higher than I would have expected them to be. I realised that the increase coincided with getting a new Novorapid Flexpen out of the fridge, so switched again and everything settled back down and no problems since until I got another one out on Saturday night and they've gone high again. Ditched this one and got another one out but yet to use it so don't know if that's the problem or not yet. Just wondered if anyone has had the same problem?

Rockape671

I'm guessing that's a no then.......blood sugars are back to normal after switching pens, so something to look out for.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
May not be the pens or insulin..

However it is always wise to also have a thermostst in fridge... As when fridges are not working efficiently or effectively and temp rises.. You may not know...

Dislikes
Hypocrisy
Rockape671 said:
Hi all,
I usually have pretty good control of my sugar levels, but a couple of months ago They went high for about 6 days, not sky high but higher than I would have expected them to be. I realised that the increase coincided with getting a new Novorapid Flexpen out of the fridge, so switched again and everything settled back down and no problems since until I got another one out on Saturday night and they've gone high again. Ditched this one and got another one out but yet to use it so don't know if that's the problem or not yet. Just wondered if anyone has had the same problem?

Hi, I have had a similar issue with my Novorapid. Random highs, High levels even after corrections etc. I'm Considering changing Insulins { Again :roll: } I've had a similar reaction in the past with a different Insulin.. maybe resistance to that Insulin over time?