Best bag for testing kit, etc in PE

ashleyrdale

Hi, just wondering how everyone else makes sure that their child carries their testing kit, dextrose and snack during PE? My son, who is 13 and type 1, normally just throws everything into his PE bag and has to carry it about during PE. I've been looking for something smaller but the only thing I can find is a 'bum-bag' which he absolutely refuses to wear (teens and their developing fashion sense! :? ). He is due to start cross-country training in January so I'm keen to find something that is not too big or clumsy for him to carry about during runs. I had seen mono-strap backpacks but again, every one I've seen is big enough to fit a whole gym kit in. Any ideas would be much appreciated! Thanks

Blondie153

Hi just wondered if he would wear a Lycra belt under his Tshirt. My daughter wears one and she uses it during sport. I have a few colours for her so if she iis wearing black etc so is her belt and no one notices. It has a Velcro strip which keeps it tight enough to the skin so won't move around much. Hope this helps m

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

H

Hooked

many runners, diabetic and non diabetic, use spibelts to carry energy drink, belly babies etc whilst running. Perhaps he'd wear one of those.

ashleyrdale

This looks like an option he would be likely to try, I'll speak to him tomorrow about it. He's only been diagnosed 6 months so we're still experimenting to find out what makes life a bit easier :) thanks!