What Yogurts?

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Which live yogurts do people buy please. I was getting very confused at them all l settled for Goats milk live yogurt, (hub is lactose intolerant and we get lot goats product) but this one has modified starch in but was lower carbs higher fat than for instance the yeo valley which had no modified starch but higher carbs lower fat.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Which live yogurts do people buy please. I was getting very confused at them all l settled for Goats milk live yogurt, (hub is lactose intolerant and we get lot goats product) but this one has modified starch in but was lower carbs higher fat than for instance the yeo valley which had no modified starch but higher carbs lower fat.

Not quite in the right ball park, but I just switched to Alpro, tastes ok, I'm going to try it for a few months if an effort to improve my cholesterol.

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I like Alpro too. Low calories, low carb and tastes nice with berries.

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
l wasn't taking notice of calories seemed enough to look for without getting more bogged down :(

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I've been using Onken Natural Yogurt for some time with my breakfast, it's very tasty and only has 3.8g of carbs per 100g weight.

chubbyian

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Arrogance
We use Lidl natural yogurt, 80p for 4 pots, I use one pot each for smoothies just right for us, The wife also uses if instead of cream in cooking, it takes the "high fat" out of the low carbing :dead:

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bullies, racism, ridiculous political correctness
Yes Lidl's Greek Yogurt, wonderfull stuff

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Many thanks for the replies l think somewhere the root of my confusion was reading that food should have less carbs than fat. l will look at the total/100 grams instead.
Have to say l do like the goats milk yogurt and have 50 grams a day 2.5 carbs and 1.1 fat in it.

MID :)

Knitnpurl

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I make my own in an Easio yogurt maker - using a small pot of Yeo Valley bio-live yogurt as a starter, with uht skimmed milk a a little dried milk powder - so I've no idea what the carb ratio is! The pot states it has 9.8g carb - but I generally reserve some of each newly-made batch as a starter if I can.

I haven't found another suitable live culture - but if anyone knows a lower carb variety I'd like to try it out!

HazelD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hot weather
I make my own in an Easio yogurt maker - using a small pot of Yeo Valley bio-live yogurt as a starter, with uht skimmed milk a a little dried milk powder - so I've no idea what the carb ratio is! The pot states it has 9.8g carb - but I generally reserve some of each newly-made batch as a starter if I can.

I haven't found another suitable live culture - but if anyone knows a lower carb variety I'd like to try it out!

I make my own yoghurt as well from Yeo Valley bio-live and uht in a Severin yoghurt maker and I get 7 pots.
approx 1.50 for 7 pots, I have half a pot usually at breakfast with berries and the remaining half as desert at dinner.