Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
just had it done this week on DAFNE course. In the last 6 months it's gone from 129 at diagnosis to 46 and now down to 40.

Reactions: 2 people

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been given my HbA1c results in old money. Does anyone know / can anyone tell me how to convert them to new money?

Apparently I was at 11.9% in July and 6.7% now.

Garr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just back from my 6 monthly M.O.T. and it's gone from 6.7% to 6.0% (42) :thumbup:

Flycaster

I went to the clinic this week for my results. May this year diagnosed as type 1 with HbA1c result was 99, this week it came back as 54. I was really anxious about going thinking that I was not doing things right but now am really pleased with the results :D

DonnaC-T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine was 7.5 in August. Started carb counting in November, just had another and it's 6.0/42. I'm very happy indeed :)

birchy66

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Diagnosed Type 1 last April and my first HbA1c in June was 60 (7.6%) and a week ago is down to 53 (7%). I'm quite pleased with this latest result but would like it down a little further.

MarathonMan81

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Got my first result this Morning! 32 mmol / 5.1%. :D

Nurse is concerned i'm regulating too tightly though!

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Got my first result this Morning! 32 mmol / 5.1%. :D

Nurse is concerned i'm regulating too tightly though!
they always are <G>
It's because if you keep having hypos they will get slated but if you die from complications they are in the clear! IMHO!

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Everything that's GOOD for you !!
I get so confused because of this change. When I was diagnosed, nearly 4 years ago, the reading my nurse gave me was 18 (don't know what this is measured in, could be oranges or apples for all I know !!) Then , following medication (metformin & pioglitazone) it dropped to 10/11's . Just changed onto Forxagia (from Pioglitazone)and this mornings reading was 6.5.

Lesley0309

4.7 informed by nurse that it is too low and I must be having hypos whilst I am asleep. However, my readings in a morning have been high in a morning and I have only just got it back to under 7 with almost doubling my amount of Lantus at bedtime. Now nurse tells me to drop Lantus amount so a bit confused

Sonnyb2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
None
Must be horrible been type 1 diabetic not had a hypo yet been diabetic sine September the 2end 2013 hopefully will not have a hypo but Will at some point

Sent from my iPhone. 5 on diabetes co.uk iPhone app

Tickley93

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I haven't dropped under 10.6 in over 3 years. I was 14+ for 18months. This stuff is so difficult for me.

14years Diagnosed type 1.

Louwalker71

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lesley0309 - I used to have this problem. High results in the morning.

Check your bloods at about 1am and again at about 4am for a few nights you will probably find that you are dropping low during the night and then it is going high early hours of the morning.

I would suggest either splitting your slow acting so you have some in the evening and some in the morning (I have 25 at night and 14 in the morning) this has stopped me dropping low during the night.

Just a suggestion but may help.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App