Lantus = Tiredness?

Bogusman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Too numerous to mention
Hi, I posted a topic 3 weeks ago for some advice on changing over from Insulatard (10 units before bed) to Lantus. I was advised by my Doctor to do this as Insulatard is deemed out of date etc. and that Lantus lasts 24 hours, doesn't spike, etc.
So I changed over and, to be honest, I don't notice any difference apart from feeling/looking really tired a lot of the time.
I can't think of any reason I should feel like this and wonder if it is the Lantus that is causing it?
Also, would it be alright just to change back to the insulatard? Btw I use Novorapid before eating.
Thank you.

Glen

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes, DIY, winter,
I felt the same way and blamed it Lantus for 2 years. Feel much better and have better control using Levemir twice a day. Is anyone using Tresiba from Novo Nordisk yet?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
It may well be the lantus or the tiredness could be totally unrelated to your insulin or diabetes....it's difficult to say! It's not a problem moving back but make sure the lantus is totally out of your system before starting back on the Insulatard, if in doubt speak with your diabetes team.

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Could be a number of things but also didn't get on well with lantus regarding energy levels. Swapped to levimir, symptoms did go away.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm on levemir and constantly exhausted. I feel physically drained 90% if the time.

Lorraine63

Dislikes
Being diabetic
I'm on Tresiba. Its amazing as I've hardly had to take any novorapid but I've been having a hypo every morning for the last week and so need to tweak it until I get the right dose.