Really bad lower stomach cramps and vomiting

vespa

Last night about 1am, I had really bad stomach cramps that woke me up and I couldn't ignore it, it felt like an urge to go and have a poo, yet when when I got there nothing was happening except some wind, so went to bed and the pain wouldn't go away and I was forced to wake up and go to the loo again but just as I got there I vomited into the pan. once I did that I felt much better and slept the rest of the night, it was still broken sleep tho.

I had this once before, I wonder if its related to my tablets or simply too much rich food and possibly extra hidden sugar I wasn't aware of that the body got rid of,

Had anybody had this and could it be Diabetes related ?

vespa

Yes it was 8.0 before bed, this morning it was 8.2, probably because I didn't sleep too well. generally its usually within the healthy range.

Reactions: 3 people

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Reading some of your previous posts have you found out which type diabetic you are yet. No matter if sugars arnt high with stomach cramps and vomiting check for ketones, other symptoms excessive weight loss xtreme thirst. Can be a mixture of all or some. Test to be safe. I had dka with a morning fast reading of 9 so sugars don't have to be neccessary high

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you've been on the tablets a while and not had this problem before I would say its unlikely, unless you have increased the dosage. Could be a bit of food poisoning, worth seeing the doc but in the meantime you should keep testing and make sure you get enough fluids.

vespa

Didn't think about ketone testing, that would help eliminate the possibility of DKA, I am confirmed Type 2, no longer injecting and have not done so for months.

Just checked reading is now BG 7.3. and Ketone 0.1

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Didn't think about ketone testing, that would help eliminate the possibility of DKA, I am confirmed Type 2, no longer injecting and have not done so for months.

Just checked reading is now BG 7.3. and Ketone 0.1
That all looks good :)

Reactions: 2 people

vespa

Its looking like simply food poisoning ?

I have only had this condition a year and still learning. Of course must check everything out if it feels out of the ordinary and the knowledge base this forum has is always useful..

Beshlie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I get painful wind in my stomach I think due to my body adjusting to Metformin. But if I eat cabbage, sprouts or pork I am up being ill all night, like you were. I hope your tummy has settled down now.

vespa

It is thanks, it seems some food disagree with me. not had the trots for months as I tend to take Metformin with solid meals and not with light snacks.