Mindfullness

HpprKM

Dislikes
Self absorbed and rude people! Motorists who are oblivious to the rest of the world, and really don't give a ****!
I have been reading about diabetes management and diabetes control. Anyone know how to go about this?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mrburden

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been reading about diabetes management and diabetes control. Anyone know how to go about this?

Most diabetics will have a pretty good idea! If you're looking for general information, maybe try the diabetes dept of your local hospital.

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods

Te way I do it is:
1) Know my present body situation
2) Learn what the problem is
3) learn how to minimize harmful side and maximize benificial side.
4) try the experiment
5) find result
6) repeat analysis ad infinitum.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Mindfulness can be incredibly helpful! We did a Q&A a while ago with Mindfulness expert Dav Panesar about how it can be helpful for people with diabetes. You can find that here:

and you can find more help and advice here: http://www.mindfulness4diabetes.com/

HpprKM

Dislikes
Self absorbed and rude people! Motorists who are oblivious to the rest of the world, and really don't give a ****!
Thanks for replies - Giverny - checking out. I notice people think I'm referring to everyday common sense mindfullness!, but this goes beyond that, I think most people with diabetes have times when mindfullness becomes difficult!

HpprKM

Dislikes
Back on the waggon most of time now - eating properly is definitely a mind set

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
This video explains exactly what 'Meditation' is, and what it is not!

I have been practicing meditation for over half a century and this video is a great introduction.

If any of you have any questions about meditation please feel free to contact me.
I speak from experience, having been teaching meditation and it's benifits for quite some time.

Po

Reactions: gennepher