Type 2 Hypos/hypes?

nuttybeaver

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Selfish people
I'm T2 on metformin and would like to know if stress can bring on a hypo/hyper. I'm under alot of stress at the moment & have had headaches, blurry vision & a dry mouth. I'm eating & drinking normally.

Also, what is the difference between a hypo and hyper I'm getting totally confused & don't retain info easily.

Should I go see my Dr as I don't have a DN?

Thanks in advance.

:confused:

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

annepgill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance,racism
Hi I know my bs dropped from 12.8 to 6 when I got a bad shock lol hypos are when your bs drops below 4 and the hyper is highs teens and 20s and beyond I'm not well educated about it myself but that's the little I do know and stress also messes with my bs
Anne

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Stress can have a huge impact on BG levels. Are you able to test your levels or not ? A hypo is low BG, usually less than 4. Some feel hypo's at different levels, some hardly feel them at all. Dizzy, confused, sweaty etc. A hyper is a high BG reading, provably in the 20's. A hypo can happen quickly and is dangerous if you drive as you can lose consciousness. A hyper is generally not as dangerous as you rarely lose consciousness but will still feel lousy, blurred vision etc. Hypers can cause long term complications. Yes, certainly seek medical advice from your doc.

nuttybeaver

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Selfish people
I'm waiting for a meter to arrive as GP won't give me 1. Thanks for the advice will make an appointment to see Dr.

FurryCub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Football
You won't get a serious hypo on metformin, other processes will kick in to stop that (false ones are possible), there's a possibility of going hyper. Usually you'd notice as you'd be drinking and peeing more.