Headaches

shorty17

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

Does anyone get headaches when their blood sugars are low? I've had headaches for a few days now and I have found when I am testing I'm between 2-3. Usually I get the shakes and feel like I'm going to pass out when they are dropping which gives me plenty warning. Can ur symptoms change? Or am I loosing my hypo awareness?

Thanks

K

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

June79

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey shorty17

I have always been told by my DSN's that if you have a number of hypo's over an extended length of time your body looses it warning signs. They always told me to run my sugar levels a little higher than normal for a few days to allow my body to rest and regain the ability to give warning signs. Its basically your body telling you its getting tired it needs a time out.
I run my bm's usually at around 7-8mmol/l for a few days and I'm fine... It may also be wise to chat to your DSN's to discuss your insulin intake cause if your finding your constantly going low it may need looking at.

Hope all goes well

Reactions: 2 people

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
i get hypo headaches, if you are that low you need to see someone to alter your meds:)

shorty17

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was fitted with a CGM last week and was testing 4x a day for 6 days. My nurse called me with the results and said I was sleeping through hypos every single night my tea time insulin had been reduced and my bloods are now between 7-10 before bed and 5-8 in the mornings. Can I still be having night time hypos?

My nurse explained that when I was sleeping my liver helps release stored sugar to help my bg to rise. She also said I would be feeling horrid in the morning. I'm constantly tired and have no energy. And now adding to that I have a constant headache that won't budge.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
The only way you will know is by testing during the night....

spaceman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
well yes i get headacres , but the first signs i get are slight shake on my hands,then slight pins and needles in fingers' and if im in a shop que,i have to lean on something as i feel tied. the first time it happened i was in boots chemist,honestly i was leaning on the counter,my partner was trying to give me a drink,it was running all over the place but after i was given a couple of sweets everything came ok again, ha ha apart from me been soaked in lucasade '