Prospective Victoza User

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Negativity, going to the dentist, untidy front gardens, building on countryside
Hi, I have just been prescribed Victoza and I would like to hear from others who use this medication and what they think about it.

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
You may be fine and get on well with it-I tried it back in 2012 and I was so sick on it that I had to stop using it.

carnabychick

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I have just been prescribed Victoza and I would like to hear from others who use this medication and what they think about it.

Hi I have been on victoza for just over a year and for me its been brilliant, my blood sugars used to spike up n down like a yo yo and now they are much more settled and weighed 85kg, my weight is now down to 67kg and in my eyes its been the best medication so far :)

Ellis79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Lorraine,

As you have already read from the previous replies, experiences differ. I personally lasted a month on Victoza when I was prescribed it a year ago as my stomach simply couldn't tolerate it. On the other hand, I know someone who has been on it for three years and the only thing he has had to contend with, so he told me, was some manageable constipation. So the only thing is simply to go ahead and try it and see how things go. Good luck!!!
Ellis

Crimsonclient

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I am currently on Victoza and it has worked wonders. It dropped my bs over night,

Sent from my iPad

mollycat1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
can`t think of any !
I`ve been on Victoza for a couple of years along with SR Metformin - happy with it too but my bs have started to go up recently (diagnosed T2 April 2009 and joined a study trial for Victoza at Selly Oak Hospital) Since then we have moved house and consequently doctor in December 2012 - my new diabetic nurse has since increased my Metformin to 2x1000mg and 1xZicron40mg to be taken with a main meal, Also 1x40mg Zicron with breakfast - she`s implying that Victoza is no longer effective and I think its down to costs (she admitted it was expensive !) I`m not too overweight -could do with losing 8lbs though. Incidentally I have a twin sister who is Type 1 (diagnosed when she was 4 yrs old) with many complications including a lower leg amputation. Anyway, enough of my "rambles" !

Crimsonclient

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I`ve been on Victoza for a couple of years along with SR Metformin - happy with it too but my bs have started to go up recently (diagnosed T2 April 2009 and joined a study trial for Victoza at Selly Oak Hospital) Since then we have moved house and consequently doctor in December 2012 - my new diabetic nurse has since increased my Metformin to 2x1000mg and 1xZicron40mg to be taken with a main meal, Also 1x40mg Zicron with breakfast - she`s implying that Victoza is no longer effective and I think its down to costs (she admitted it was expensive !) I`m not too overweight -could do with losing 8lbs though. Incidentally I have a twin sister who is Type 1 (diagnosed when she was 4 yrs old) with many complications including a lower leg amputation. Anyway, enough of my "rambles" !
Victoza is expensive I think a box of 2 is about £88, how ever it does stop working to a certain extent, however it does still help with the apatite when you are on insulin I still take it and my gp tried stopping it but my diabetes consultant wanted me to carry on with it and he sorted out my gp for me

Sent from my iPad