Desmond

patjenkins1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I went on a Desmond course 11tears after being diagnosed. Most of what they said, I already knew. They were very nice but low carb duets were not touched upon. A lot if the people were a good deal older than me and newly diagnosed. They could not get their heads round any of it. One asked "can I have honey instead of sugar". And another asked if it was ok to have chip shop chips 3 or 4 times a week because he liked them and didn't want to give them up. The nurses were patient by these people needed one to one sessions

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

patjenkins1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I went on a Desmond course 11 yearsafter being diagnosed. Most of what they said, I already knew. They were very nice but low carb diets were not touched upon. A lot if the people were a good deal older than me and newly diagnosed. They could not get their heads round any of it. One asked "can I have honey instead of sugar". And another asked if it was ok to have chip shop chips 3 or 4 times a week because he liked them and didn't want to give them up. The nurses were patient by these people needed one to one sessions

phyden

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
cold callings
frankly i just want to know what I can, can't eat :) I'm a bit dumb when it comes to this stuff, I'm unfortunately one of those people that at times need things spelled out plainly :) but I'm glad I joined this forum :)
Hello I have to go to his Desmonds on April 22, yes I to feel I will need everything explained, far better they print it out so I can read it a number of times so it will soak in. At present I write every meal down but cannot remember what I had yesterday, this sure has me worried, OK I check my BP daily and keep a record but was told there is no need to do a B T so how will I ever know if they are working.

I feel may be I would be better just cutting sugars and keeping my carbs low taking my tablets and well taking my chances.

captainpixie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots, bullies,politicians, David Cameron, Nick Clegg, Ian Duncan smith, racist, homophobes, people unwilling to learn, to tolerate, to listen and in turn be listened too. animal abuser's and people who just don't think about what they say and how it can or could affect the people around them.
they do give you a small folder with stuff in to read and explain how it work's ect,ect. I found some of it quite useful, but it depends on what you already know I think. this place has some good advice and the people here are really helpful :) your in good hands here.