3 weeks and counting

furryboots

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people,cyber bullying,broccoli,cabbage,onion,garlic,avocado,any prepared food
hi,my name is tina,i was diagnosed with diabetes 3 weeks ago,i had put down tiredness and thirst to stress but went to my doc,many blood letting later i was told over phone i have diabetes and they said it was type 2,got my glucose tester handed to me,not shown how to use it or when got a diet sheet that scared me to death and told no treatment just diet,week later,phone call,high cholesterol,i should explain my normal weight is 8 1/2 stone but i had lost a stone,finally decide to put me on half a tab twice a day,another visit to nurse today,glucose level still too high,i have muscle wasteage on my stomach and breasts,my pancreas has shut down,no insulin,told meds will be updated weekly to max then i will prob have to go to insulin anyway,i havent seen my doc since 1st appointment and info being chucked at me is so overwhelming,i'm 53 but i'm not stupid,just scared

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
Hi and welcome,
you are lucky to be given a tester as not many type 2s do, may i ask what kind of blood results you are getting ? and hopefully we should be able to help

furryboots

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people,cyber bullying,broccoli,cabbage,onion,garlic,avocado,any prepared food
Hi and welcome,
you are lucky to be given a tester as not many type 2s do, may i ask what kind of blood results you are getting ? and hopefully we should be able to help
it varies but nothing under 16,tonight i got a 30 but i'd been walking for a good while then did test,can excercise affect it?

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
yes exercise can, what kind of meals are you having, it might be an idea to test b4 meal then 2 hrs after so you can see how the foods are affecting you,hopefully another type 2 will be along soon with good advice