Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Reactions: 2 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

And there's another question - how representative is a small globule amongst 8 pints?
I think the home readings are good as a guide only as the meters can be out either way. Think I will split the difference on this morning's results :)

Emmy-Lou

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
26.0... I started on a new medication today to go along with the metformin so hopefully it will start coming down now. No Easter eggs for me this weekend :-(

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
8.9 today. 9.3 yesterday. No coincidence that its been a very stressful week on the legal front. Happy Easter everyone

This thing is trying you, Diana. Without doubt high stress will not be helping.

Hopefully, a few days off will help.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My first fasting test this morning. 6.3.
At what point should you take this test? As soon as you get up? 10 minutes later? Later still? We have our evening meal about 7pm, mug of tea about 8pm then nothing else but water.
Not on any meds.

I try to be consistent in my approach, which is: get up, put the kettle on, then test, as I wait for it to boil. If my OH is on tea duties, I just get up and test, before my tea.

I believe (possibly misguidedly) that this approach minimises the potential for any later liver action, on activity.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
26.0... I started on a new medication today to go along with the metformin so hopefully it will start coming down now. No Easter eggs for me this weekend :-(
I hope so, you have had a bad run with the drip and your bloods all over the place. I've got my fingers crossed for you

Sunhat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was on Metformin for 2 years and last week the dr decided I should try to do without it as I have lost 15kg of weight. I have started to test my blood first thing, before getting out of bed- I am getting readings of 7.3-7.4 I had a blood test last week, I will get the results this coming week. I am a bit concerned at the morning readings

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I was on Metformin for 2 years and last week the dr decided I should try to do without it as I have lost 15kg of weight. I have started to test my blood first thing, before getting out of bed- I am getting readings of 7.3-7.4 I had a blood test last week, I will get the results this coming week. I am a bit concerned at the morning readings
Were you testing your morning bg while you were on the metformin? I would be interested to know the difference as I am nosey lol plus am in a similar situation (minimal metformin and mornings too high for my liking)

Well done on the weight loss :)

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
I thought the liver action was happening before you get up, hence the potential benefit (cheating?) if you leave it longer - before any tea or food of course.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought the liver action was happening before you get up, hence the potential benefit (cheating?) if you leave it longer - before any tea or food of course.

Depends what time you get up. ;)

I think the liver action lasts until you eat as you are still in starvation mode until then. Or am I wrong?

mine

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
i asked a doctor before. he told me that the liver action will end when glycogen is all used up. the body will start burning fats in muscles before burning the fats beneath the skin. there is a reason for this, in the past, food are little in winter, if mammals starts by burning the fats beneath the skin. the body would not be able to generate more energy to protect the vital organs within.

Emmy-Lou

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
17.4... Better than yesterday but still not good...

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Quick question.

2 hours after dinner last night (9pm) 6.9
Fasting this morning 6.3 (10am - had a lie in)
Nothing eaten or drunk in between except water

Not a big difference. Does this look right?

Last edited by a moderator:

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It looks OK, but you will want to understand more your own trend, over several days. My levels can increase overnight, if I've gone to bed in the 3s, I often wake in the low 4s.

It's all a big personal puzzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.