Writing BG Management App

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Version 0.1.0 uploaded to my google drive. This version has the ability to print your blood sample tables then your weight data and then the graph as it is currently shown.

No database changes

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have started to look at re-writing it for android and have the android dev environment set up now. Much of the code should be similar it is just the UI that is needed to be changed and the database code which needs to change to SQL-Lite

Crimsonclient

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
That's great but I haven't got android and I would be interested in using it on my ipad and iphone

Type 2 diagnosed 24/01/2013.
Novomix 30, Victoza, Simvistatin.

Positive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Andrew,
Just updated some of my data into the latest version of the file. I usually keep a log book next to bed write everything down every day and update the file every 2-3 days.
I am able to check BMI against my height. and also the % loss of BMI every time I loose weight. Excellent addition. I have already reduced 10% of my initial BMI which was just over 25. Now 23, to get it under 20 I need to loose another 8kg!!! Already my friends are commenting how thin I am and if that is healthy.
For weight measures month of March, the date come up with following date. i.e enter 9/3/14 it comes up with 10/3/14. I have updated my March data correctly and fine now. April is fine. Just in case a newby wants to use it. I started my weight loss regime in March and all my data on the file now. So happy to see all the statistics in file with graphs.Thank you.
I was wondering if could add another two columns:
-increase/decrease daily weight (+ or - for changes in kg or red/black)
-comments as I have been changing my diet few times if there are no changes to weight. Also going to party and having a big meal could be mentioned.
-and a graph for weight loss.
The file is great as it is. You asked if I want to comment on improving so here it is
Separate q.s, does non diabetics BS goes over 10 after one hour if they have a heavy carb meal. (may be I should google that)
Oh I have added rasberries and carrots sticks to my diet. :) I also heard butter made from organic grass fed cows got lot of arginine. (Dr.Berg-U tube)

Reactions: 2 people

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
That is weird that it moved you on a day. As it is only a date I normalise it to a time and it seems to have moved you on a day - I will try to reproduce.
I am glad you are finding it useful.

Adding a comment column is easy so should be able to do that for you next week. There is already a graph for weight loss but it is in percentage. Do you want it in physical numbers?

I do not quite understand what you are asking for with the +/- column. Can you provide me with an example

As for going above 10 that can happen if they eat a hugely fast and high carb meal but given that most eat like this most of the time I doubt there pancreas' ever get caught out

Positive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok, +/- or increase or decrease. Say my weight was 59.1 kg yesterday and today is 59.6kg so the column next the weight will show -.3, if you have eaten out and your weight is 59.5 today, column will show +.4. If the reduction show in red/- you will be :D, if it is in black/+ you will be :(, this will show how you are controlling your diet too. There will be another column to show the reason any other comments. When I ate out my weight next day went up by a 1kg and I wrote the reason for that change. Once in a while I go through my log book to see my progress (future I will using your file) so I know blips and halts of the progress.
Sorry did not see the graph with percentages earlier, had a quick look need time to go through thoroughly.
Having a graph for weight with physical numbers would be great, against time please. May be I am obsessed with my weight. Went on ND on for 6 days and lost 1.3kg did not do much exercise as was stressed my tenant finding a mouse in the flat. Trying to seal the kitchen floor so not even a ant can come through. She is still :***:, and want to complain me to Health & Safety, I am thinking I did not invite mouse! It came from a little hole where the taps are and from the flat downstairs.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
your +/- column will relate exactly to the percentage weight loss column this is calculated like this (original weight - current weight)/original weight. what you are asking for is "current weight - original weight" which is very easy to provide.

Here is the option to graph your weight loss - note it is weight loss so you want a high positive number but somewhat under 100% or you have somehow gone poof in a puff of smoke
upload_2014-5-11_6-32-59.png

I have reproduced the date bug and it is to do with leap seconds. Should have a fix today. Still have to work out the best approach to fix the data in the database.

Positive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been thinking.....I am used to seeing my weight in kgs and in isolation, controlling diet according to that. Not used to checking my BMI and now BS. So rather than focusing on weight change in kgs i could look for BMI changes which is already in the file. As struggling to loose weight in short term I am so focus on any changes in kgs. Even when I reach maintenance stage I would like to know any increase in weight hence BMI increase perhaps in red, alert to do something about it.
Wondering if you could high light the ideal weight for particular height or high light healthy range for BMI on the graph as you have done for BS in light blue.
If you have time and fun doing it otherwise file is great as it is. Thank you.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
@Positive and everyone else

Not to worry here is version 0.1.1 as requested. Fixed the bug with the dates. When you run it the first time it will correct all the values in the database. Make a copy of your database folder first please ( find folder BGDB and make a copy). Added the 2 columns as requested: weight variance and comments. The variance column is the change since the first reading in the table; positive is increase in weight and negative is decrease. Shows the value in kg and lbs. The weight in stones now shows ounces. The conversion between kg and lb is now more accurate. Fixed bug with the depth of comments field being too large on first opening. Resized default columns in weight table; they now have a maximum so let me know if they are too narrow.

New version will be uploaded shortly

upload_2014-5-11_15-41-2.png

Enjoy
Andrew

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Now, today, I am determined to get my data into this baby, once and for all. I've tinkered, as time has allowed, but have a bit of time today when I hope I can concentrate on it.

If I don't manage it, you may just be able to hear the tantrum from there. :arghh:

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I am sure I can help you if you struggle.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Andrew. I'm rather hoping I'll manage it. I mean, how difficult can it be to get the file format right?

(OK. Don't answer that question.)

Fallgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This looks awesome. I'm sorry I'm confused, but do I download it from the first page of this thread? I see you've made changes/fixes/updates so I wanted to d/l the latest version?

Thanks!

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
The latest version is in the same place - I replace the older ones