Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Your liver is probably providing glucose because you haven't had any breakfast apart from the coffee.

Reactions: 2 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Back to 6.2 again :(, eating right, exercising - must be lack of sleep and not enough water.
You'll get there x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Raspin

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Your liver is probably providing glucose because you haven't had any breakfast apart from the coffee.

I had the milkshake at 7 though. Apparently coffee can raise BG so i think i'm going to give green tea a go. Apparently that can low bg and is generally very good for you.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Green tea has nearly as much caffeine in as coffee so be careful!

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

SJC

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diets!
I am not understanding how the hot drinks are affecting some of you. I have drunk decaf tea and coffee for years and if I drink either now ( 1 sweetener in a coffee, no sugar in tea), it barely touches my BG. Maybe decaffeinated is the answer? Can a tiny bit of milk really raise BG enough to be bothered by it? It doesn't seem to affect me. I couldn't drink a lot of water and maybe have a pint a day. It's just too....boring! Do any of you drink sugar free sodas?

AmandaAnne

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I hate abuse of any kind to humans or animals. I dislike judgmental people and people who are generally unkind, inconsiderate and have problems understanding the issues faced by others. I hate snakes!!! Cringe if I smell TCP!! and I cannot bare garlic!!
7.9 this morning............could do better, but I'm working on it.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Caffeine doesn't spike me thankfully although I do plan on moving to decaf once I run out.

I drink loads of water and don't mind it but will not give up a can of caffeine free diet coke a day!!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had the milkshake at 7 though. Apparently coffee can raise BG so i think i'm going to give green tea a go. Apparently that can low bg and is generally very good for you.

Asking an obvious question here, but are you making your milkshake with milk? That might be my first look, rather than a single cup of coffee. But, as usual, we all have differing sensitivities. If you do make the shake with cows milk, it might be worth trying it with unsweetened almond milk instead? I didn't care much for almond milk on my oats, but lots of people like it a lot.

SJC

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diets!
Caffeine doesn't spike me thankfully although I do plan on moving to decaf once I run out.

I drink loads of water and don't mind it but will not give up a can of caffeine free diet coke a day!!

Is diet coke caffeine free? I didn't know that. What does a can do to your BG?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.0 for me today. All very much in the middle of my personal range. I was 3.8 postprandially last night, after a funny old meal of fillet steak, garden peas, caramelised red onion, and a few fried baby potatoes (tinned). We hadn't shopped and the salad had gone from yummy to runny, if you get my drift. :spitoutdummy:

I must read more about starch in reheated potato........ Well, I would, if i could recall the term for it.:bookworm:

SJC

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diets!
4.0 for me today. All very much in the middle of my personal range. I was 3.8 postprandially last night, after a funny old meal of fillet steak, garden peas, caramelised red onion, and a few fried baby potatoes (tinned). We hadn't shopped and the salad had gone from yummy to runny, if you get my drift. :spitoutdummy:

I must read more about starch in reheated potato........ Well, I would, if i could recall the term for it.:bookworm:

They are very low readings to say you had that meal. :)

gfmoore

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't think diet coke does anything to bg. - it has zero carbs, zero anything really. it's all artificial - hehe - now the Malibu in it on the other hand ...

C

catherinecherub

Resistant starches.

This applies to coked potatoes left in the fridge and then reheated in recipes or used in a potato salad.
Don't know if this applies to tinned though?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They are very low readings to say you had that meal. :)

My readings have come right down, over time, and having got skinny. For the first, almost six months, I guess, I was incredibly strict, in order to give my pancreas and liver a chance to have a bit of a rest, and perhaps "reboot"? In the last couple of months, I have been carefully, and slowly adding a few additional carbs to my diet, with, thus far, no impact on my blood scores. I make sure I keep the portion size small though. I feel I would rather have a small amount of something, and be able to have it relatively regularly, than binge out on it and have to shelve it again because of distressing blood scores. But, that's just my approach.

Reactions: 5 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Resistant starches.

This applies to coked potatoes left in the fridge and then reheated in recipes or used in a potato salad.
Don't know if this applies to tinned though?

Thanks Catherine - I'll have a good old read. I wasn't sure about tinned potato either, but I'm sure Dr Google will help clarify that along the way. Last nights spuds were more expedient than a pre-considered dietetic choice. You know how these things sometimes go. :cool:

SJC

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diets!
My readings have come right down, over time, and having got skinny. For the first, almost six months, I guess, I was incredibly strict, in order to give my pancreas and liver a chance to have a bit of a rest, and perhaps "reboot"? In the last couple of months, I have been carefully, and slowly adding a few additional carbs to my diet, with, thus far, no impact on my blood scores. I make sure I keep the portion size small though. I feel I would rather have a small amount of something, and be able to have it relatively regularly, than binge out on it and have to shelve it again because of distressing blood scores. But, that's just my approach.

Well done you! It's working well for you :)

kazw960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Re: Type 2's : What was your fasting blood glucose in a morn

Hello All,

Hope we are well.

I started this thread, as the other one has results of both types 1 and 2's, so as a type 2 myself, i just wanted to see results for type 2, as my thinking was other type 2 may be also interested.

Cheers
Simply_h
mine was 10.9 this morning, which wass lower than yesterday, im new to type 2 diabetes and struggling, confused etc, dont no how to bring my sugar levels down.:-(

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Caz - I'm new too, diagnosed out of the blue 13 days ago! There is a lot of supportive help and ad ice here, I have learnt so much, more than from my nurse practitioner! Been doing lchf for ten days and yesterday and today I've had first ever 6's !! Pop on the thread to introduce yourself too x

Status
Not open for further replies.