Are there any types of crackers that are ok?

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I Just love my cheese on its own. But i also found that a stick of celery stuffed with room temperature blue costello is a true gourmet delight.

It shouldn't take much to get use to eating cheese without crackers or bread.

Also, for breakfast, if you can get your head around the idea of cooking it, it becomes very easy. I have something different every day. what i do may not work for people who have to rush off to work but if you have time, breakfast is great. I get up and have coffee first and don't usually feel hungry for ages. But then when i feel its time to eat something, i will start with one ingredient from the fridge and keep on adding stuff. And i tend to like to have a big meal for breakfast, and lunch and a lighter meal at dinner. This way i don't get hungry. Before all this, i used to have just cereal or toast like anyone else .

I love cooked tomato, mushrooms, (I like to cook vegies or have salad at every meal), maybe cook some halloumi cheese, or eggs scrambled with some fresh green herbs, sometimes i will steam some kale/spinach/silverbeet and add some butter or cream to it. If you want to check out my food diary for ideas, (because i love my low carb food) my name on my fitness pal is patttience. It may not always be obvious what meal i'm concocting out of the ingredients and sometimes there's a meal which you'd need to read the ingredients list to know what goes in it.

Anyway you will get better as you go along and its quite easy to enjoy it all if you are willing to cook - most meals do not take long at all though.
That is an interesting resource.

2lnb9mg.jpg

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have mentioned this elsewhere, but Finn crisp breads, Rye Harvest Slims, on sale at Sainsbury's, are 3.7g carb each, so a useful stock cupboard item if you are LCHFing but desperate for toast or crunch.
I feel sorry for jelly, as it's much despised and derided, plus I love it, even the no sugar kind. I don't ever touch the sugary variety now.:eek::D

Sunspot

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bad food, junk food, processed food.
Congratulations avocado you choose a special day. Don't forget to read my note at the bottom! which explains i had an event to go to which i planned for and which caught me out by not offering a mean but rather high tea of all things.

For more typical days you might want to look a little further.