unsure readings

carlos

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
people with no sense of humor and take life to serious
hi to everyone again sorry to seem like a windger but have been testing my bs regularly and last two days about two hours after eating at dinner time they have been 3.7 and today 3.1 is this an overdose of meds meterformin sr or is this normal when you start taking tabs thankyou

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Hi Carlos,did you test before you ate as well? If so what was that reading?

carlos

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
hi sue yes tested today was 4.1 about half an hour before i ate then went up to 6.6 after an hour then down to 3.1 had a couple of sweets then went bck t0 5.0

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
How much metformin are you taking at a time? If this is happening every time you need to go back and discuss it with your doctor.

carlos

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
take three at night time with evening meal although i feel if i had half the info i have now wouldnt have needed them will just keep an eye on it have already made appointment next friday i was debaiting if to knock it down to two see what happens ill check again tommorow and ill see if its low later thanks

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Please see your doctor first before you change any medication you are taking!!

carlos

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
yes i will do i dont want to undo the good work that i feel i have done gives me an excuse to have some sweets if it goes low again lol

moonbeam

Carlos it says in the leaflet with my metformin that you should never take 2 doses at the same time.
My doc told me to take one breakfast, dinner and tea he said thats the best way to take it (with food to lessen the sound, sorry side effects)
Might be worth a try?

carlos

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
yes thanks apparentley theese are slow release so you can take them at the same time i tried the normal meterformin and was terribly gassy of them although maybe i diddnt give them enough time have you ever had this problem

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
If you take them all at the same time then you will only be covering half the day as slow release only last about 12 hours.Please speak to your doctor about this.

Trinkwasser

Sounds very likely that you are currently overmedicated, I'd agree, take your numbers back to your doctor. Metformin doesn't usually produce an immediate effect like this, but for some people it does.

carlos

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
yes thankyou have been back and have been told to take 2 now instead of 3 and to go back next week for a blood test infact they told me they would have started me one one for ten week then seen how i would have gone on and then if need be increased it from then on the only thing i cant quite understand is they dont recommend testing yourself although i understand this is not 100% it is in my mind anyway has given a clearer picture of some foods i must avoid ie i seem to be ok with crisp but not so clever with peas etc like many other people this varys and i will not be stopping this even though it will cost me a fortune

Trinkwasser

They don't want you to test so you can't see how quickly the diet they have given you is killing you. The logic is that unless they save the money now on test strips, how will they be able to afford your amputations and dialysis in ten years time?

carlos

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
yes this is very true they should be made available to everyone with diabeates when i listend to my old docs i was getting worse and worse thank god i came across this site it was a big eye opener within six week have seen a drastic decrease in my bs levels and now on less meds and go back on wed for my hsblc results

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Hi Carlos,please don't be too disappointed if your Hba1c is not down.This is because it is an average percentage over the last 90 days so will take into account before you reduced your carb intake.

carlos

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
hi sue yes thanks realise its very unlikely it will be low yet although would be nice rang today and was told everything was okay but okay could be between 9 10 and told to do another in three months so its just guess work between now and wed till see doc

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
When ever you get back test results ,Carlos ask them for the details so that you can judge for yourself what is 'okay' and what is not!!If you are uncertain what results mean just ask us,someone will interpret them for you.

carlos

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
the only thing i dont understand at mo is sugars still going low at night time before take tabs mostly 3.8 even 3.7 last night although eating pretty reguarly mind you found a cereal bar thats only 15 carbs and 0.3 sugar witch i thought was okayas this was the first time i have been at home in morn checked it pushed them upfrom 4.8to 8.7 within a hour then 7,.1 after a hour half when is the best time to test after a meal 1hr 2hr or even 3hrs i checked it again after 3hrs was bck to3.7 is this to lowi know this sounds obssesional but just trying to get a better picture when to check