Raspberry ketone supplement

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
Has anyone tried these? I know a number of non diabetic people that have tried these with success.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
@stfluffybrain, yes as an aid to weight lose, have been on a LCHF eating pattern since beginning of June, diagnosed Mid May, 2/6 weighed in at approx 14st 11lbs, with LCHF and extra exercise weight yesterday 13st 3lbs.

Quite happy with results so far but according to BMI charts, goal weight 9st 3 to 12st 7.

Just looking into anything that might assist, happy to be disappointed if they don't work, not so happy if they should not be taken by someone with type2.

Question is has anyone tried them and what effect was on BG.

Will wait and see if any response to that specific question.

Thanks for your response

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cut your carbs more and go ketogenic
I doubt you will find anyone here that has used them
They won't hurt you, so take them if you want to
I can't see them having a BG effect either way

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have tried them and they don't work! I don't have to test so don't know what effect they have on BG. Have now started a LCHF regime as when I was first diagnosed in 2013 i was told to cut out bread pasta rice etc and lost weight. However first day on lchf and have headache and feel tired carb withdrawal i guess as just lately have been having a burnout.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
ok thanks for that @ jack412 that might be what it is then as most things in fridge are low/no fat as have been dieting for years. Going shopping tomorrow so no more low/no fat items.