What else can I drink besides water???

Sam675

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone, I can't drink alcohol, fizzy drinks or fruit juices anymore, so I was wondering what you all drink besides water?
I was wondering if there is not some type of cooldrink mix that doesnt contain sugar?
Am I destined to just drink water for the rest of my life! haha :/

K

Kat100

When there is an offer on I buy a few cartons of coconut water ....
I also make a lemon syrup out of boiling water to add to lemons or limes ....then chill the drink ...I add xylitiol for a bit of sweetness..

Sam675

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
yeah I have been trying to find a brand of coconut water that has no starch added to it.
What brand do you buy? is it free of starch and sugar?

I have been wondering that if I don't drink or eat anything with sugar in it for a week, is it ok eat a bowl of icecream every friday as a reward for just drinking water and eating boring food? LOL

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
yeah I have been trying to find a brand of coconut water that has no starch added to it.
What brand do you buy? is it free of starch and sugar?

I have been wondering that if I don't drink or eat anything with sugar in it for a week, is it ok eat a bowl of icecream every friday as a reward for just drinking water and eating boring food? LOL

It isn't just sugar you have to avoid. Don't forget the carbohydrates, which all turn to sugar once inside your system. An occasional ice cream won't do much harm, but you have to be careful it is occasional and that one doesn't lead to another and another. I'm interested to know what you are eating if you call it boring food? Have you formulated a diet for yourself yet?

Sam675

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Well if I am not mistaken there are virtually no carbs in coconut milk as long as no startch has been added. The last time I tried some
it made my head spin and then we checked the label (yeah I guess I should have read the label first) and yeah it had starch in it.

Well at the moment the only food I am eating that I enjoy is lean pork with lots of spices. The food I find boring are egg whites with pepper, fried
cauliflower with curry spices, Which does taste awesome if I could just find a cream I can use. Thats why I am trying to find a brand of coconut
milk that I can drink, so I can add it to the curry :)

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Jamaican Ginger Beer ... none alcoholic ... no sugars no carbs no nothing 'cept water root ginger extract lemon juice and gas ... I think that's about it.

Reactions: lorraine95

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Tea ... lots of it ... green tea too with no milk no sugar no sweeteners but half a lemon squeezed into it.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi everyone, I can't drink alcohol, fizzy drinks or fruit juices anymore, so I was wondering what you all drink besides water?
I was wondering if there is not some type of cooldrink mix that doesnt contain sugar?

What is it that prevents you from drinking the diet or sugar-free versions of soft drinks?

I like the Robinson Sugar-Free Squash, particularly the Orange & Mango flavour. Apart from that it's plain water or decaff tea and coffee, I also love Green Tea and drink on average 2 cups a day.

kimmykib

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Coke a cola anything too sweet an anything with dairy in as lactose intolerant
Hey hun have u tried fruit tea bags too u can actually make them into cold drinks there both nice hot an cold an u can do the same with greem tea or even freeze it an make tea slushies x

Sam675

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't all sugar free soft drinks have Aspartame or other artificial sweeteners in them??

Sam675

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
I have had no luck finding a tea I enjoy. They really all just taste like food spices LOL

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Don't all sugar free soft drinks have Aspartame or other artificial sweeteners in them??

They do, but in small quantities they aren't harmful.

Sam675

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
What is it that prevents you from drinking the diet or sugar-free versions of soft drinks?

I like the Robinson Sugar-Free Squash, particularly the Orange & Mango flavour. Apart from that it's plain water or decaff tea and coffee, I also love Green Tea and drink on average 2 cups a day.
Ok I found the Robinson Sugar-Free Squash on www.amazon.co.uk but it doesn't say weather or not it has artificial sweeteners in it. If this concentrate is made from real fruit then I don't understand how it would be ok to drink this when eating fruit raises blood sugar, is it because a person would dilute the concentrate with alot of water before drinking, so it stops the sugar from going all crazy in the blood?

Sam675

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been thinking possibly Jelly can be the salution to flavouring water. Any suggestions for a sugar free brand?

Sam675

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Why do you keep calling me a troll??? (What is a troll anyway??) And whats wrong with my threads????

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Well if I eat anything with Aspartame in it I get dizzy in my head.

Best to leave it well alone, stick with water or find a hot drink that you like and doesn't effect your bg levels.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Jamaican Ginger Beer ... none alcoholic ... no sugars no carbs no nothing 'cept water root ginger extract lemon juice and gas ... I think that's about it.
Do you make your own Jamaican Ginger Beer, if so I would appreciate your simple recipe ( it is the gas that interest me ) or if you buy it which do you recommend.
At the moment I am addicted to tesco fiery ginger beer with no sugar added ( 99p for 4 cans or £1.50p for 8 cans )

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just turn most of your foods into soups, chill and enjoy.