Progesterone only pill

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone got any experience with type 1 diabetes and the progesterone only pill?
I've recently had a baby and was previously on a combined pill (microgynom 30) but was told once I'd had baby I'd have to go on a pop. Not really sure why and whilst pregnant had alot of pregnancy related issues to be discussing rather than contraception. Don't know where to find more information regarding the pill and diabetes if anyone can shed some light?

mooshk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fataphobia, Ableism, Sexism, Racism, Patriarchy. Most right wing fools.
I went onto the progesterone only pill about 6 months ago due to having taken the combined for a few years and it really messing with my body. Whilst it is good in some respects, I actually found the water retention/urinating regularly really bad and was worried it was high bs. However, my bs was fine and I was still urinating up to 22 times a day. My GP said this isn't a general reaction so hopefully you'll be fine, just make sure you don't do what I did an keep assuming I was high when it was the pill! :)

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ohh that's strange never heard about them making you wee more. I'm on Cerelle only been having it 2 days though but so far so good. I have been feeling abit sick though but don't feel like it's related to the pill ill keep an eye on it

kate90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, can I ask how you've been finding the POP pill?

I've been on it for 3 days and worried my blood sugars are going to go high. I was on the combined (Yasmin) which shot my bs through the roof, so the dr put me on the mini pill (desomono).

Any advice would be apprieciated!

Thank you

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been on it about 4 months or so now and found it fine. I'm on Cerelle and haven't found any difference to my blood sugars, the only thing that worries me as its not as reliable as other combined pills. You don't have any days off with Cerelle and I haven't had a period since starting x

kate90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been on it about 4 months or so now and found it fine. I'm on Cerelle and haven't found any difference to my blood sugars, the only thing that worries me as its not as reliable as other combined pills. You don't have any days off with Cerelle and I haven't had a period since starting x
Thank you - I'll keep an eye on it!