Feet Problems

ftt1960

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not a lot
Good morning everyone I would like some advice regarding my feet please,most days they burn,then tingle but the one that hurts the most is when I walk it feels like I am walking on my bones now the things I have done are buying proper fitting shoes,massage my feet and I wear slippers around the house I have been thinking of asking Santa for a foot massager to see if this would help or would It be a waste of time?
I have had all bloods done B12 ect currently taking 5mg of folic acid as I have serum folate deficiency back in July saw a neurologist who straight away said it was the onset of diabetes he had seen this before he gave me venlafaxine which I am taking 150mg.
Not sure what else I can do?

I have been diabetic since I was 20 (32 years ago). 4 years ago I was diagnosed with neuropathy after complaining of problems with my feet. I was convinced I had pencils in my shoes! Sometimes my heels are so painful too. My situation was definitely improved through the use of alpha-lipoic acid. It's worth a try.

Reactions: 6 people

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tuna,People spitting on the floor and ironing.
I have been diabetic since I was 20 (32 years ago). 4 years ago I was diagnosed with neuropathy after complaining of problems with my feet. I was convinced I had pencils in my shoes! Sometimes my heels are so painful too. My situation was definitely improved through the use of alpha-lipoic acid. It's worth a try.
Hi Thank you for replying I shall look into this,I have had a small amount of relief only for about 2 days and today it is back Grrr.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Thank you I shall speak to the nurse in a few weeks time.
I get my feet checked every year by a NHS Podiatrist and always wear comfy non elasticated socks and fitted shoes which are more expensive but worth it to stop any injuries on my feet as any sores are slow to heal because of my diabetes. Do a lot of toe wiggling too in the morning to get the circulation going lol. Hope this helps:)

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I get my feet checked every year by a NHS Podiatrist and always wear comfy non elasticated socks and fitted shoes which are more expensive but worth it to stop any injuries on my feet as any sores are slow to heal because of my diabetes. Do a lot of toe wiggling too in the morning to get the circulation going lol. Hope this helps:)
Hi Eddie,that is what I thought it was at first my shoes,so spent a lot on a new pair from hotters,then the neurologist checked them over and he actually was the one who said about diabetes I had bloods done at here I am,I do the same wiggle my toes every day and also massage,the dn tested my feet with her instrument I am hopeing that when my levels come down it will subside abit also been given venlafaxine the neurologist said it helps.
Keep Well Andrea.

Reactions: 2 people

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @Snowy12
They're shoes with thick spongy soles that sort of rock from front to back when you walk.
Some people love them some hate them.
There's a lot of health workers like them.
They're also heavy so they have an added advantage of toning up your legs thighs and rear :D
Which is always a plus.
The main thing is the thick soft soles, which protect :happy:
I also have the furry sheepskin boots so I agree with others on that one.
When you buy socks, always check the seams, they can be a problem too. Feel before you buy and make sure there's nothing to aggravate.
Thanks, that's Togo, he is a rescue Alaskan Malamute pup.
He was dumped by a breeder with parvo virus at 6 weeks.
Love him :)
Thanks Dibbles appreciate the info.Poor pup so glad that you took him in he must give you lots of pleasure.

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Judging by the number of views @Snowy12 a lot of interest in feet problems. Over 2000. I get hot and cold running feeling down my left leg. As my BS numbers have improved it seems to have got better. So should your feet hopefully!

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Judging by the number of views @Snowy12 a lot of interest in feet problems. Over 2000. I get hot and cold running feeling down my left leg. As my BS numbers have improved it seems to have got better. So should your feet hopefully!
Either that or there is a foot fetish going on lol.Thanks Beatdise I do hope so not too bad today so managed to get some fresh air.
I do hope that yours also continues to subside it is the most horrible feeling.
Keep Well.

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Either that or there is a foot fetish going on lol.Thanks Beatdise I do hope so not too bad today so managed to get some fresh air.
I do hope that yours also continues to subside it is the most horrible feeling.
Keep Well.
LOL @Snowy12 I guess whatever takes ones fancy fetish or otherwise. Yes in the morning it was very fine when I went for my walk cum jog. Very fresh too. Thanks for the encouragement. I am VERY hopeful. For you too.

Reactions: 5 people

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
LOL @Snowy12 I guess whatever takes ones fancy fetish or otherwise. Yes in the morning it was very fine when I went for my walk cum jog. Very fresh too. Thanks for the encouragement. I am VERY hopeful. For you too.
Lol,what you should of said @beatdise that you went for a very fast walk,I know exactly what the walk cum jog is do it all the time well it sounds better doesn't it;);).
Good for you though on getting out as much as I love Christmas the weather is very droll,but continue we must onwards and upwards even if we get some relieve just for a day or to than hopefully we shall be happy.

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Lol,what you should of said @beatdise that you went for a very fast walk,I know exactly what the walk cum jog is do it all the time well it sounds better doesn't it;);).
Good for you though on getting out as much as I love Christmas the weather is very droll,but continue we must onwards and upwards even if we get some relieve just for a day or to than hopefully we shall be happy.
I ought to explain. Why its walk cum jog. I walk for about 3/4 of a mile, get into the park with a view of Windsor Castle on the horizon. Then I genuinely jog for a 100 metres, walk for 10 to get my breath back, jog again for 100 meters, then walk for 10 metres again then sprint for a 100 metres. Then I walk back all the way home. I have got stronger and breathing has got deeper and better each day. Even though I play 5 a side football every Friday night I never have to sprint more than 10 metres at a time. Walking is different I have seen 70 year old grannies whiz past me in the first weeks LOL. Anyway have a great Xmas. I am glass 3/4 full man myself bordering on self delusion.

Reactions: 3 people

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I ought to explain. Why its walk cum jog. I walk for about 3/4 of a mile, get into the park with a view of Windsor Castle on the horizon. Then I genuinely jog for a 100 metres, walk for 10 to get my breath back, jog again for 100 meters, then walk for 10 metres again then sprint for a 100 metres. Then I walk back all the way home. I have got stronger and breathing has got deeper and better each day. Even though I play 5 a side football every Friday night I never have to sprint more than 10 metres at a time. Walking is different I have seen 70 year old grannies whiz past me in the first weeks LOL. Anyway have a great Xmas. I am glass 3/4 full man myself bordering on self delusion.
Wow yours is so different to mine lol,I am very impressed keep it up it is obviously working for you.Same to you have a great Christmas.

Reactions: 3 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Wow yours is so different to mine lol,I am very impressed keep it up it is obviously working for you.Same to you have a great Christmas.
This thread has turned into a bit of a foot fetish lol but it is funny. I used to have a border collie and since she passed away I don't walk as much as I used to and my feet felt better. Any exercise is better than none and I am not a couch potato either lol

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
This thread has turned into a bit of a foot fetish lol but it is funny. I used to have a border collie and since she passed away I don't walk as much as I used to and my feet felt better. Any exercise is better than none and I am not a couch potato either lol
Morning Eddie have to agree not sure about others and yourself but I have become obsessed with mine,as I was also deficient in serum folate this can also cause you to have problems with your feet so I would definitely suggest anyone who is having feet problems to get there b12 tested to rule this out.
I was the same over the park walking have only been over there once due to our whippet passing in August,like you said I am not a couch potato either I have been up and down like a brides nightie to so many different appointments my feet could do with a break.
image.jpg

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning Eddie have to agree not sure about others and yourself but I have become obsessed with mine,as I was also deficient in serum folate this can also cause you to have problems with your feet so I would definitely suggest anyone who is having feet problems to get there b12 tested to rule this out.
I was the same over the park walking have only been over there once due to our whippet passing in August,like you said I am not a couch potato either I have been up and down like a brides nightie to so many different appointments my feet could do with a break.View attachment 8906
Ta about the folate defcy symptoms. It can also happen with B12 defcy or too much B6. I was told my feet problems are down to my high HbA1c of 91 mmol/mol and the nerves are affected and so is my circulation. It is stable since being on high doses of insulin anvd have a hospital review this month so hopefully scoring a better HbA1c

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
Hello,
I get problems with my legs and have found relief from using a body brush before showering and then massage in some coconut oil to moisturise. I also use flexitol and aveeno on my feet. The body brushing might help your feet with sending blood flow back to the heart, as you start from the feet and go toward heart, it helps circulation

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bet you smell like a Bounty tweetypie lol

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Oh yes, i hadn't thought of that! There are worse smells than coconut oil though, like the clay mud mask I also sometimes use! Oh the things we do...

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Butter oil is great to for moisturizing and I swear by T/Gel for hair. Us men are getting just as bad on the old body pampering front tweetypie lol

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
thanks for the tip eddie, where do you get butter oil from? is it just butter?

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I was the same over the park walking have only been over there once due to our whippet passing in August,like you said I am not a couch potato either I have been up and down like a brides nightie to so many different appointments my feet could do with a break.View attachment 8906
Just got back to this thread Snowy and took your advice on B12 and folate levels. Looking at an old lab report I saw the following:
Vit B12 - 775 (200-900)
Folate - 110 (100-600)
Ferritin - 51 (10-275)
Seems my folate and ferritin levels were lowish at the time and wondered if this contributed to feet problems too.