Hayfever

samcogle

I suffer from hayfever during the summer and it gets really bad. Any advice? Will it affect my BS and can I take antihistamines? I am going to be rattling soon with all the tablets :lol:

samcogle

Forgot I suffer with it as I have been slightly wrapped up in another health issue :lol: The sneezing started today and jogged my memory!!!

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya,
i suffer from many allergies and take anti histamines daily, i take zirtek one a day and that seems to work near on instantly and doesnt affect my bloods :D

samcogle

That's ok then. I tend to buy sainsbury's cheapies but they don't always work...will try zirtek this year I think although every year I say I am not going to get hayfever...I am very good at the denial thing though. Don't believe i am diabetic either :lol:

sandymaynard

Hi Samcogle,
Thanks for the reminder wondered why i felt rough today! Forgot that hayfever season is in full swing!
I forgot to order my antihistmines! I suffer with bad hayfever! Eyes etc!

samcogle

sandymaynard said:
Hi Samcogle,
Thanks for the reminder wondered why i felt rough today! Forgot that hayfever season is in full swing!
I forgot to order my antihistmines! I suffer with bad hayfever! Eyes etc!
Hehe glad I am not the only one that forgot. My doctor won't prescribe them so I have to buy them hence the cheapies I get from sainsbury but I really need something stronger as I have been known to take up to 5 a day which isn't good and when I rang NHS direct to ask if this was ok she couldn't answer and told me to go to the docs so off to the docs I went and he told me to bog off to the chemist and buy some and not waste his time!!! :shock:

sandymaynard

Hi Samcogle,
My doctor would never deny me the hayfever pills, not after i turned up and my eyes were bright red! my nose running!
I once used the sainsbury's own i found they did nothing!
Your best way is to see another doctor and tell them that the hayfever is driving you mad! and that you have tried different pills that you can buy over counter and they don't do alot!
Usually then they will sort pills out! I hate hayfever had it since a kid!

samcogle

Hi Sandy, I was a late developer of hayfever, only had it about 5 years or so but in August I was ill. Couldn't speak for sneezing. The conversation with the doc was literally one word then a sneeze then a word etc and he was just damned rude. Think I will see another one when it gets bad again. We have a nice sympathetic one in our practice I will go see her :D

sandymaynard

Hi Samcogle,
Go and see the nice one, she will understand where you are coming from! Hopefully she will give you some pills!

Kash2001

Hi Sam

If you want to stop the sneezing & eye trouble affiliated with hayfever, then try the Llyods pharmacy light device, it uses a red light which is placed up the nose for 2-3 minutes, I used it last year for the 1st time as I like the rest of my family suffered with hayfever for most of my adult life, and it was driving me mad after laying in long grass on a warm day. So I got this device and used it to start with for a week day & night (twice a day), after that once a day. Went back to the same field and NOTHING no sneezing no itching, and haven't suffered since nor has my wife (who suffered to) I have recommend to other people with fantastic results.

Best device ever and cheap too, bought of the internet, for about £15 no more tablets or sprays, best buy ever, most of the time it sits on the side, but if the pollen is strong a couple of days with the light and no more allergy.

Hope it helps.

ATB

samcogle

Wow ATB that sounds fab...thanks will have a search for it now. Who would have thought sticking a light up your nose would stop hayfever....this isn't a joke is it :lol: I am very gullible :D

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
samcogle said:
Wow ATB that sounds fab...thanks will have a search for it now. Who would have thought sticking a light up your nose would stop hayfever....this isn't a joke is it :lol: I am very gullible :D

Very Scary Sam, Scary. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Kash2001

LoL Yeah No joke the only joke is looking in the mirror when using it. But it definitely worked for me and many others who have been suffers for over 30 years, can't praise them enough easy to use no side effects cheap and no more tablets.

Hope you get the same relief me and those close to me have got from them, should put a few drug manufacturers out of business, really !!!.

ATB

samcogle

Kash2001 said:
LoL Yeah No joke the only joke is looking in the mirror when using it. But it definitely worked for me and many others who have been suffers for over 30 years, can't praise them enough easy to use no side effects cheap and no more tablets.

Hope you get the same relief me any those close to me have, should put a few drug manufacturers out of business really.

ATB
Nice one...can't wait to test it out....will see what happens...bring on the pollen :D

itslindy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who complicate life unnecessarily. Bureaucracy.
Am new to this forum ... and relatively new to diabetes (type 2). For years I have used Piriton for my hayfever (and it works - other, like Zirtec, haven't). I also used to regularly eat local honey all year round, usually on toast at breakfast. This did help reduce symptoms. However, since becoming diabetic, I haven't eaten any honey and I haven't checked out with my GP whether metformin and piriton will mix. Today, I've had dreadful hayfever! Clearly, I need to get myself organised and check with my GP whether a metformin/piriton mix is OK.

Here's to a happy hayfever season!
Lindy