What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alliebee

B half a kipper
L cheesy broccoli omlette
D is going to be roast chicken pie ( no pastry for me). Sweetcorn cauli cheese mushroom and leek gravy ( v nice if you fancy trying it)

Reactions: 3 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Scrambled egg spelt toast
Lunch cheese savoury salad ( asked for no cucumber so bloke thought he was doing me a favour my giving me extra tomatoes which I also left as only so many I can face- next time I'll say go lite on the salad and just add some meat!! )
Snack soy latte and 3 sqs dark chocolate
Dinner pub quiz night so steak salad and a few communal chunky chips

Reactions: 3 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I didn't make my soup in the end @Avocado Sevenfold, I couldn't be bothered. I might do it tonight before the stuff goes out of date.
B: 1oz cheese and an avocado :)
L: almost gave in to the temptation of steak and dumplings, but had tuna salad instead. I also got a small mullerlight yoghurt and was shocked at the carb count :-o
D: will have 2 burgers and some stuffed mushrooms

Reactions: 2 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
change of plan as pub quiz venue closed so just about to have a lamb and spinach curry ready meal with one onion bajhia. had it once before and ok so fingers crossed- couldn't make anything as fridge empty ready for big shop tomorrow.

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
My mum convinced me that if I boiled an onion for an hour then drank the water, it would cure my cough. Tried it. She must really hate me :wideyed:

I'm sure you have already tried or had the usual manuka honey and lemon tea, but I always add vinegar and cinnamon to it, it soothed my throat over Christmas, that and paracetamol :)

Reactions: 4 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Unlike sks I couldn't resist McDs with the kids yesterday:(
and paid for it with a fbg of 11.2

Today:
B 2 egg omelette with cheese and 2 mushrooms
L 2 sausages 4 bacon 1 mushroom
S handful of nuts
D paprika dusted chicken and big bowl of salad
P double cream with some strawberries & blueberries

BG back down to 7's by 11am tho

Reactions: 5 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - 1 Tomatoe, 5 black olives and 24g or german smoked cheese
L - Tomatoe salad with chicken and 24g of german smoked cheese
D - stuffed mushroom from morrisons with greens, 3 x streaking bacon and more mushrooms yummy.... That said I just realised that the stuffed mushroom from morrisons had a garlic crumb on top... Fingers crossed
S - coffee with cream and a small bag of pork scratchings if my 9pm reading is okay

Reactions: 2 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Spot the not-deliberate mistakes ... not today, but back when I was trying SO hard to follow the NHS "moderate carbs" plan. An extract from my meals diary ...

Sunday
Breakfast: Apple & veg smoothie. Slice of rye bread & peanut butter. Coffee.
Lunch (picnic): wholewheat pasta, 5-bean & olive salad with olive oil, vinegar & mint dressing; green salad with sweet peppers, roast pine nuts & diced chicken. Cheddar sandwich, tomatoes & h/b egg. Tea, coffee, water.
Evening (7.30): smoothie, as at breakfast. Omelette & rye bread with spread. Half a banana.
Later: tea, milk.

Monday
Breakfast: (fresh) bread & Marmite. Bread & peanut butter. Coffee.
Lunch (picnic with friends): fish 'n' chips with vinegar & ketchup. Fizzy lemonade.
Snack: prunes (2); nuts.
Evening (picnic, 6pm): chicken sandwiches with lettuce, tomatoes. Apple & veg juice.
Later: half slice of rye bread with cambozola & tomatoes. Decaff coffee.

Wonder what the meter would have registered with that lot?

Reactions: 8 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Spot the not-deliberate mistakes ... not today, but back when I was trying SO hard to follow the NHS "moderate carbs" plan. An extract from my meals diary ...

Sunday
Breakfast: Apple & veg smoothie. Slice of rye bread & peanut butter. Coffee.
Lunch (picnic): wholewheat pasta, 5-bean & olive salad with olive oil, vinegar & mint dressing; green salad with sweet peppers, roast pine nuts & diced chicken. Cheddar sandwich, tomatoes & h/b egg. Tea, coffee, water.
Evening (7.30): smoothie, as at breakfast. Omelette & rye bread with spread. Half a banana.
Later: tea, milk.

Monday
Breakfast: (fresh) bread & Marmite. Bread & peanut butter. Coffee.
Lunch (picnic with friends): fish 'n' chips with vinegar & ketchup. Fizzy lemonade.
Snack: prunes (2); nuts.
Evening (picnic, 6pm): chicken sandwiches with lettuce, tomatoes. Apple & veg juice.
Later: half slice of rye bread with cambozola & tomatoes. Decaff coffee.

Wonder what the meter would have registered with that lot?

Help, probably!

Reactions: 8 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Dairy/nut free day. Trying to keep my metabolism on its toes o_O

B: 3 egg omelette
L: stinky green soup (onion, leek, cauli, cabbage, green lentils), a Meyer lemon
D: chickpea and veg curry, coconut lime cauli rice, pineapple veggie jelly

A bit hungry now, tbh. Will go to sleep and dream of cheese for breakfast :hungry:

@Weird Science I haven't tried manuka honey, but read a lot of remedies on the net that contained honey so I guess it works. Sounds a bit carby. Just riding it out (and sleeping with an onion next to my bed. Seriously, it works)

mamamodge

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Not posted for a while maybe cos I have carbed out over xmas....

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow, I discovered chia seeds today! I hope they are low carb! Got the idea from my son's Christmas present to me of a veggie cookbook. :bookworm:
I haven't eaten them yet, they are processing in the fridge: :eek: :eek:.
Following 2 recipes, I made a sugar-free dessert to eat with a few berries :)
and a no-sugar jam. :)
All being well,:confused: I'll report back after a tasting.

Reactions: 7 people

Blessedarethecheesemakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Monday:

B: 2 boiled eggs, coffee with cream
L: scrambled eggs with cheese and spring onion, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, Halloumi, mushrooms, aioli.
Snack: almonds and a few cashews
D: lamb shank soup out of my mother in law's freezer - had a fair few potato pieces in but I didn't eat them.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
I just got a "one year trophy" :woot: Yes, one year ago today I joined this forum!

In one year I have gone from "What on Earth am I going to to eat?" :wideyed: To "What on Earth am I going to eat?" :hungry: That's because now I am spoiled for choice!
Congratulations!! I haven't been here long, but so glad I joined all you lovely people... :) I travel extensively with our company so sometimes don't manage to log in for a week or more, but I love catching up... I would have taken forever to work all the food out for myself... such a support and a blessing, really... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Toed (our 6 toed inbred ex farm cat) was such a gaumless hunter that his biggest ever trophies were
  • A half-eaten cooked sausage
  • A road kill squirrel (we knew it was road kill because it had been flattened so many times it looked like a miniature tiger skin rug, complete with sticky out tongue)
  • A woolly hat
How he managed to live to 19 with so few brain cells remains a mystery.
:)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure you have already tried or had the usual manuka honey and lemon tea, but I always add vinegar and cinnamon to it, it soothed my throat over Christmas, that and paracetamol :)
Apple cider vinegar, warm water and manuka honey is brilliant for infections - it is so soothing when you're poorly... It helps with sinus problems too... I have cinnamon and turmeric every day in my smoothies - I'm hoping it will help me with my BG... My bother swears he's lost his foggy brain and the pain from his feet since he's been taking them.. :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Breakfast: smoothie - 2 tbsp full fat Greek yoghurt, blueberries, strawberries, coconut water, chia powder, Super Greens, hemp powder, milled flax/sunflower/pumpkin/sesame seeds... Double espresso with cream:
Snack: Single decaf espresso with cream: 2 thin slices almond bread spread with a thin layer hazelnut butter, piled on creamy goat's cheese and a teaspoon of Turkish Black Cherry jam with vanilla.... lush... :)
Lunch: Scrambled eggs and bacon
Dinner: Large green pepper stuffed with pricked lamb mince, onion, garlic and a little diced carrot... pudding is a lemon mug cake with cream...
Supper: 2 tbsp chia seed porridge with berries and a little cream - I need to see what I can do to get my morning BG down...
During the day my BG is almost always 6 - 6.4 - sometimes lower than that all day... I am trying to raise the BG a bit during the day to see if it helps with my early morning spikes... I tried the carbs and cheese the night before and it doesn't seem to help, much as I enjoyed it.. :)

Blessedarethecheesemakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: 2 boiled eggs, coffee with cream
L: Serrano ham, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, bit of feta and avocado, dollop Mayo.
D: 2 lamb chops, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, celery, onion, mushrooms, bit of beetroot, dollop Mayo.

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
Apple cider vinegar, warm water and manuka honey is brilliant for infections - it is so soothing when you're poorly... It helps with sinus problems too... I have cinnamon and turmeric every day in my smoothies - I'm hoping it will help me with my BG... My bother swears he's lost his foggy brain and the pain from his feet since he's been taking them.. :)
I too struggle with morning levels. Unfortunately the only way I can control it is by being super careful what I eat and drink the day before, as it has a knock on effect. Alcohol especially makes me higher in the mornings. I always try to have a snack 1 hour within going to bed and sometimes a spoonful of apple cider vinegar. I try to have something to eat an hour within waking (and sometimes another apple cider vinegar shot!). To get me stable, I find coconut oil in a smoothy or coffee works great too.

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
Sorry, meant to reply to your second post - doh!

Status
Not open for further replies.