Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

6.8 this morning ..I suspect the glands the size of duck eggs under my jaw have something to do with that. Can't say I feel ill just a bit off colour which is typical as I am off out tonight and have my Hba1C test next week!
Hope you feel better soon and have a good evening. Todays blip shouldn't impact much on the 3 month's worth in your HbA1c sample ;)

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

A much more acceptable 5.3 this monprning after a week in which morning readings have yo-yo'd and been as high as 6.4. But I do have a chest infection and a lot of pressure at work currently so the high readings are not too much of a surprise.
Welcome to the thread. Glad your fasting has dropped. It's good that you recognise why they've been elevated though :)

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

Yes!!!

Will it work though?

Let's see....

Thank you @FergusCrawford . Now everyone can see how frenetic my home life is, with two of them dashing, poddling, scuffling, charging, trundling and bouncing. Except when they are asleep, and recharging. :D
Don't see signatures when using App :(

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the good wishes everyone hopefully the drain will be out by Tuesday. Waiting for hbc1a result and blood count is low so am getting iv imuglobin on Monday to help my immune system.

Reactions: 10 people
S

Sable_Jan

A very annoyed 6.0 which is the highest I have recorded since I started testing on 18/12. Only had some chicken drumsticks and some salad but then had cashews/raisins and a 9 bar. Then got offered a glass of wine which i said yes to. Didn't test last night.

Overall, based on 31 readings it has been an average of 4.7 with 4 readings over 5.5
You maybe didn't have as much by way of carbs as you thought and your liver gave you an overnight present to help out. 6 is ok though anyhow....

Reactions: 2 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Hope it all goes well Loulou.

Reactions: 6 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
6.0 here, could be better for a Saturday, but hanging on a client's decision on an African trip next week is not helping and I'm a bit snuffly - out with the whisky when I get home from a social dinner out tonight I think.

Reactions: 12 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Aaawww. Such a shame, because these are the times we need to test. It may not have been nearly as bad as you think, but you'll never know. Knowledge is power! I found if I told myself to expect a big number, it usually wasn't too terrible, because I wasn't expecting a 4 or 5. (The mind is a funny old thing.)

Did you feel like you were high, or do you have no perception of your levels?
I find it easier to know when l'm lowish ie in low 4s but not high perhaps because I rarely go above 7 after 2 hours so do not recognise it whereas I seem to be in the 4s or low 5s most afternoons - for some reason I always test when I get home from work and it's normally between 4.7 and 5.4.

Reactions: 7 people

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.
This may be off topic given the title of the thread, but I have just read through all 659 pages of posts :eek: and I noticed a number of people having doubts about the results from their Codefree machines. I have had quite a few odd ones recently. eg 11.8 post-prandial when I had NO carbs, NO sugar, washed and dried my hands thoroughly etc etc. I immediately did another test, same finger but other side = 7.6 which is what I'd expect. This has happened about 8 times since.

I liked the theory about the size of the blood drop and the efficiency of adding same to the strip, but I was able to disprove that one.

Then this morning a new batch arrived along with load of other parcels and they were all really, really cold from being in a delivery van in snowy Scotland. EUREKA MOMENT! The strips are not supposed to be stored below 2 deg C (ie not in the fridge). The previous batch also arrived on a very cold and snowy day.

To back this up, one of the posters who is having problems said she kept hers in the CAR! That particular post was back a few months ie when it was a lot warmer, and we all know how hot cars get in summer! The maximum temperature the strips are supposed to be stored is under 30 deg.

Also, not in the bathroom in the humidity. So ,,,,,, this may be the answer. Thoughts, fellow forum members?

PS: My fasting blood glucose this morning is 7.6, down from 13.8 two weeks ago before I dumped my statins in the loo, and switched back to my usual LCHF diet after giving the HCLF one a 3 month trial at the behest of my DN.

Reactions: 17 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This may be off topic given the title of the thread, but I have just read through all 659 pages of posts :eek: and I noticed a number of people having doubts about the results from their Codefree machines. I have had quite a few odd ones recently. eg 11.8 post-prandial when I had NO carbs, NO sugar, washed and dried my hands thoroughly etc etc. I immediately did another test, same finger but other side = 7.6 which is what I'd expect. This has happened about 8 times since.

I liked the theory about the size of the blood drop and the efficiency of adding same to the strip, but I was able to disprove that one.

Then this morning a new batch arrived along with load of other parcels and they were all really, really cold from being in a delivery van in snowy Scotland. EUREKA MOMENT! The strips are not supposed to be stored below 2 deg C (ie not in the fridge). The previous batch also arrived on a very cold and snowy day.

To back this up, one of the posters who is having problems said she kept hers in the CAR! That particular post was back a few months ie when it was a lot warmer, and we all know how hot cars get in summer! The maximum temperature the strips are supposed to be stored is under 30 deg.

Also, not in the bathroom in the humidity. So ,,,,,, this may be the answer. Thoughts, fellow forum members?

PS: My fasting blood glucose this morning is 7.6, down from 13.8 two weeks ago before I dumped my statins in the loo, and switched back to my usual LCHF diet after giving the HCLF one a 3 month trial at the behest of my DN.

Yes, storage can be a cause, but in my case it isn't relevant at all. Also, it isn't all the tubs in a batch (I order 10 tubs at a time), and it isn't even all the strips in a single unreliable tub. I have just started scrubbing my fingers with a scrubbing brush before testing,(as advised by @cold ethyl )and so far since then I've had no rogue readings. I always washed my hands in soap and water, and rinsed under running water, then dried thoroughly, but this scrubbing seems to help.

Well done on your fasting. That will come down once you get back in the swing of low carb. Mine came down after discarding my statins early last year!
Welcome to the thread, and well done on reading back the whole lot. Bet that took a long time.

Reactions: 12 people
Status
Not open for further replies.