I love watching a good horror film, what's yours ?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I have never seen a horror film, ever. Went to the cinema to see silence of the lambs withy friends and sat with my coat on my head. Does Scooby doo and the headless Horseman count?

LOL, I don't think so but.............................. I do like Sleepy hollow with Jonny Depp and Christopher Walken.

LesleyM

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Sport.
Hi. I've been lurking around for a while, but this my first post, apart from Greetings and introductions. Good to meet you all! Had to join in this discussion though because I love reading, watching (and writing) horror. Film that freaked me out most was Dario Argento's Suspiria. Creepy as anything!

Reactions: 2 people
C

chris lowe

LOL, I don't think so but.............................. I do like Sleepy hollow with Jonny Depp and Christopher Walken.
Christopher Walken was hilarious! He must have had such a hard time learning his lines:hilarious: Loved him in Fat Boy Slims' Weapon of Choice though

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I do not find horror films entertaining. Made of steel I am. Nothing much scares me and tend to laugh at them ....:p
I totally agree Eddie even commercials for cars don't do it for me. This is supposed to be a scary car.................

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Hubby n me watched "woman
In black" last night. My interpretation was totally wrong. We ended up googling the storyline to find out which one of us was right...(him).

No2 due out April. I'm having to read the plot and storyline in advance just to get a grasp.

I'm hopeless at watching films. Always end up asleep even in the pictures. (No interest I guess!)

C

chris lowe

Hubby n me watched "woman
In black" last night. My interpretation was totally wrong. We ended up googling the storyline to find out which one of us was right...(him).

No2 due out April. I'm having to read the plot and storyline in advance just to get a grasp.

I'm hopeless at watching films. Always end up asleep even in the pictures. (No interest I guess!)
As usual, I read the book before the film and got really annoyed at the story changes. Book was much scarier. :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
As usual, I read the book before the film and got really annoyed at the story changes. Book was much scarier. :)

Same as Silence of the Lambs. I read the book first and the book was far better than the film.

m0lsx

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think the best/worst Horror I have ever watched was the true life story. Christiane F. It is the story of Vera Christiane Felscherinow from Berlin, who started using drugs aged 12 & by 14 was working as a prostitute to fund her drug use.
To the Devil a Daughter , the final film of Hammer House is also very good.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes

I'm going to have to read the book for number 2 first, just so I can follow the storyline better. I just totally misinterpreted the majority of the original!! Totally... Mind you I do with most films.

Watched Warhorse last night... OMG what a sad story... I know good in the end but I felt so sad for the horse!!!

C

chris lowe

I'm going to have to read the book for number 2 first, just so I can follow the storyline better. I just totally misinterpreted the majority of the original!! Totally... Mind you I do with most films.

Watched Warhorse last night... OMG what a sad story... I know good in the end but I felt so sad for the horse!!!
I knew that the scenes with the horse wrapped in barbed wire were CGI but I cried my eyes out. :facepalm:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Daughter went to see this at a theatre in London with her school, she cried, as it was so realistic and sad, but a good ending and she thoroughly enjoyed it :happy:

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I too just cried!! Even with the sight of the horse going to war and thinking how it must have felt. Thought of the horse more than the human feeling having it taken away!!

The happy ending was lovely but got taken away by the incredible sadness during it....

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I think the best/worst Horror I have ever watched was the true life story. Christiane F. It is the story of Vera Christiane Felscherinow from Berlin, who started using drugs aged 12 & by 14 was working as a prostitute to fund her drug use.

I looked the film up and it is a very sad and a real life horror for Christiane. The Bahnhof Zoo area became a bit of a tourist attraction :eek:
I used to love the Hammer House films :)

C

chris lowe

Any party political broadcast featuring Margaret Thatcher :D

Blood/gore/slasher films don't really do it for me, but I enjoy anything with some suspense in it. One of my favourites is a sixties film called "Wait until dark", starring Audrey Hepburn as a blind woman being terrorised in her flat by a violent druggie. The tension is wound up to fever pitch and, when I was watching it, some wag in the cinema screamed during one of the most nerve-wracking moments - and made the entire audience jump out of their seats :D

Great film.
Yes, Audrey Hepburn was brilliant in that film. Loved her in Breakfast at Tiffanys

C

chris lowe

Does anyone remember a film called Sybil? I suppose not a horror in the traditional sense. It was about a girl, played by Sally Ann Field who had multiple personalities and her psychiatrist was played by Joanne Woodward and she took sybil back to her childhood and the abuse she suffered at the hands of her mother was horrific. I think it was based on a true story. The acting was incredible. I've tried various times to get it on DVD but it only seems to be released in the American format.

coco44

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm just the same as you Janiept I see a little figure in a rain coat with the hood up and I can feel the fear and suspense from that great film immediately:eek::watching: have a good weekend everyone

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Does anyone remember a film called Sybil? I suppose not a horror in the traditional sense. It was about a girl, played by Sally Ann Field who had multiple personalities and her psychiatrist was played by Joanne Woodward and she took sybil back to her childhood and the abuse she suffered at the hands of her mother was horrific. I think it was based on a true story. The acting was incredible. I've tried various times to get it on DVD but it only seems to be released in the American format.
Don't you guys have region free players?

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
C

chris lowe

Don't you guys have region free players?
No idea! That's a bit technical for me, but it is a fairly old dvd player. I'm one othe "if it aint broke don't fix it" school. I have managed to find one of amazon, but I'm a bit confused as it said audio cd in the description, but the reviews mentioned dvd, at least I can send it back if it's not right.

C

chris lowe

Oh yes, Hammer Horror! The film was based on a Dennis Wheatley book. another Hammer one was She. I've not seen it for years but the acting was so wooden the reels have probably got woodworm by now. Had Peter Cushing, Ursula Andress and John Richardson

Last edited: