FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

Lance

Oh my gosh that's a bad reaction after 24 hours! *touch wood* I've been using mine from launch without a reaction, but I've been giving myself a day off in between sensors. Not sure if that's helped as usually im quite sensitive. Might take a couple of weeks off next time, maybe we all should.

If you get these slow building allergies, do you ever "grow out" of them again?
Hi i am a South African Father who has purchassed a monitor but cant get patches, will somebody please sell me some? i have a sister in Chester who will collect and pay, so no shipping no risk please help ([email protected])

Lance

Hi all Libra users,
Living in South Africa and desperately trying to get hold of patches. My sister in UK will contact anyone who can assist make payment and arrange shipping. all i need is an existing registered person who can purchase freestyle patches please contact me ([email protected]) or send me a number and i will call you back. you can whatsapp me on +27823816666. thanks Regards
Lance

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have u guys noticed that the freestyle Libre website no longer gives a reorder date and one sold on eBay with 4 sensors for £650!

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
Hm what would it mean @Emmotha , can we now order as many sensors as we want?

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have my gripes about the Libre, but it gives me the knowledge to get my blood levels SOOO much better.

Reactions: 2 people

L3wisr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Has there been any more news on the availability of the starter packs?

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
They are still unavailable - one of my colleagues tried to order them and the same restriction is still in place.

igmr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I have my gripes about the Libre, but it gives me the knowledge to get my blood levels SOOO much better.

Mine have gone worse with the Libre, the constant low readings are making me munch more glucose.

HbA1c of 6.9 this morning with the Libre telling me it is 5.5 - so the Libre is 25% low.

I've already given up with it for driving, not just the low readings but also I really do not want to attempt to explain those reports in court. Yes, m'lud, those low ones are wrong, only look at the ones with a star against them.

Diabetes consultant wasn't really interested in the reports but then threw a wobbly at the long overnight stretches of red on the graphs. Gave me an ear ache about it but we all know that a Libre 3.8 scan is more like a 5.5 bg. Again, that's the sort of thing you don't want showing in relation to driving.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
How did you respond to your consultant doing that @igmr ?

We also all know that when the Libre shows low, get the blood test strips out if you aren't feeling low and you may not need to eat glucose... Or as in other member's cases, don't even bother showing a low when you are low.

From the feedback we've had on here, different people get different results from different sensors, which is one of the issues we've been trying to highlight.

igmr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
How did you respond to your consultant doing that @igmr ?

We also all know that when the Libre shows low, get the blood test strips out if you aren't feeling low and you may not need to eat glucose... Or as in other member's cases, don't even bother showing a low when you are low.

From the feedback we've had on here, different people get different results from different sensors, which is one of the issues we've been trying to highlight.

I listened politely and decided to go back to hand written log books, its all the NHS seem to want.

I've been telling Abbott about the low and erratic readings for months, I've sent them proof and they've refused to explain the errors. Their rep had the gall to explain away low results as a safety feature to my DSN when I let her join an appointment.

I infer from the rep's prepared response to inaccuracies that Abbott know they have a problem.

GraemeJones

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I fitted a new sensor yesterday, after a gap of a couple of weeks. I had been hoping for some info. from Abbott re. the faulty pair that I returned, but haven't heard anything. This one is accurate compared with blood tests (Abbott's own Optium using the Libre reader and Pura X). Trouble is I just don't trust it, so I'm still doing blood tests, defeating at least part of the purpose in buying it.

It really is time that Abbott sorted this, or at least gave us some credible explanation of what the problem is.

I have 2 more sensors in stock, but after that I may not buy any more.

Graeme

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Apparently emails are going out to those on the waiting list that they can reorder next week, by invite only based on when ppl signed up to be notified. I'm surprised given the problems it's going up for more sales

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Apparently emails are going out to those on the waiting list that they can reorder next week, by invite only based on when ppl signed up to be notified. I'm surprised given the problems it's going up for more sales
Maybe some existing customers are dropping off ;)

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Probably! Apparently they're emailing 100 people at a time and giving them a week to order

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Probably! Apparently they're emailing 100 people at a time and giving them a week to order

I'll be declining the offer, too much inconsistency (going by reading members experiences here) to justify the cost.

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
Hm..so still no full release..I would definately recommand to try it out though.
Still wearing the sensor over compeed (now day 11) and it's reading perfectly with just 0,1 difference from blood glucose and no noticeable skin reactions.

mikeg1964

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you guys using the libre full time instead of testing or are you just experimenting ?