DISTANCE FOR REMOTE

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
On the insight pump do you have to keep the remote always within a certain distance of the pump?

I noticed yesterday whilst training that if I moved to far away it lost connection which was a bit worrying.

iHs

Not sure about the Insight remote but on the Combo remote it was possible to deliver insulin from about 16ft. I once delivrred insulin using the remote in my kitchen and wondered why I couldnt feel the vibration of the pump in my bra. Thought......whats gone wrong now and lifted up t shirt to get pump out and lol....it wasnt there....it was up on my bedroom pillow. Went upstairs to get it and it showed that the insulin had been delivered but not into me......on the pillow instead lol.

Be careful with remotes

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
16ft I know that's the Combo, I doubt I'll ever be away that sought of distance from pump/remote when I have the insight so should be ok, thanks for advice .

shedges

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Not sure about the Insight remote but on the Combo remote it was possible to deliver insulin from about 16ft. I once delivrred insulin using the remote in my kitchen and wondered why I couldnt feel the vibration of the pump in my bra. Thought......whats gone wrong now and lifted up t shirt to get pump out and lol....it wasnt there....it was up on my bedroom pillow. Went upstairs to get it and it showed that the insulin had been delivered but not into me......on the pillow instead lol.

Be careful with remotes

Did you have to give your pillow a glucagon shot?... or was it able to take jelly babies itself? ;)

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I'm abit confused here.... Why would you worry if your remote and pump not near each other to keep connected? When the remote is off, its off and not in contact with the pump anyway?
Ie if you have set a tbr of say 70% on your handset.. Once its instructed the pump to do it then thats it. The pump can be 170' away (in my garden) and the message is in the pump so once uts there it will alarmin your pump when the time is finished and you can just turn it off on the pump?
I can't see why you are worried anout the remote being far away.
I've just left mine accidentally for 3 days at home whilst I've been 25 miles away farm sitting.. No problem at all.

iHs

Did you have to give your pillow a glucagon shot?... or was it able to take jelly babies itself? ;)

lol
The pillow was away with the fairies on another planet with all that insulin but never fear, Hypostop was near so a bit of gel was rubbed into the fabric and then the pillow came back to life, started calling me a Sirry Ariss amongst other things, so with that, it went straight into the washing machine for 30mins and came out shaken up as it went out on the line.

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I'm abit confused here.... Why would you worry if your remote and pump not near each other to keep connected? When the remote is off, its off and not in contact with the pump anyway?
Ie if you have set a tbr of say 70% on your handset.. Once its instructed the pump to do it then thats it. The pump can be 170' away (in my garden) and the message is in the pump so once uts there it will alarmin your pump when the time is finished and you can just turn it off on the pump?
I can't see why you are worried anout the remote being far away.
I've just left mine accidentally for 3 days at home whilst I've been 25 miles away farm sitting.. No problem at all.
Thanks I was only concerned as when I was mucking around with the practice pump yesterday it kept coming up with
"No connection " although the the batteries were low.
I must admit the pumps battery compartment is a fiddly little critter especially as I've got large fingers that arn't very strong but I'm sure it will become easier:-D

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Agree totally with battery lid.. I thought it was just me!
If you go into settings on remote: about: error log this actually records more details for errors.... I don't understand all of them:) I had no remote for 10th or 11th and only got it back this afternoon but it has no "lost communication" for the time I didn't have it.
I suspect that your lost communication was something to do with low batteries.. But it tells you battery life for pump and remote.. Did you let it go to under 40% for pump battery life or go dead for the handset?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I find it so difficult to remove battery lid too!!

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I find it so difficult to remove battery lid too!!
We didn't go into the readings of how much % was left I'm meeting with Lyn when my pumps in just to go through the finer points of it all plus you get the large print bible of instructions

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
We didn't go into the readings of how much % was left I'm meeting with Lyn when my pumps in just to go through the finer points of it all plus you get the large print bible of instructions

They won't be able to tell you everything in the time you get! Whilst you have the "training" one.. Really have a good look at all the functions... Get used to looking at battery life for pump and remote and cartridge units left....these are the most important things with the Insight.