Photography

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My mates a Nikon man where as i'm a staunch Canon man, it banter gets interesting at times
Nikon is the future!!
To be honest both brands are pretty good and it just depends on what you buy to start out with.

Reactions: 2 people

Skydog76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rap Music, Football, Rugby Union, Hipsters, The EU
Nikon is the future!!
To be honest both brands are pretty good and it just depends on what you buy to start out with.
I nearly bought a Nikon when i was upgrading from my Kodak Z650 but the red triangle on the grip put me off so i bought a Canon eos400D and never looked back, won't change now as i don't like the way Nikons are set up (menus etc) now i'm used to Canons

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I nearly bought a Nikon when i was upgrading from my Kodak Z650 but the red triangle on the grip put me off so i bought a Canon eos400D and never looked back, won't change now as i don't like the way Nikons are set up (menus etc) now i'm used to Canons
Yeah once you choose a brand there's no point changing.

Aguila

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Wind & rain
My D90 is getting a bit long in the tooth now and I would like to upgrade to full-frame. Luckily the only DX lens I have is a 12-24mm zoom. I've several old Nikkor lenses (a 24mm f2.8D, a 35mm f2.0D, a 50mm f1.4D and a 24-85mm f2.8-4.0D macro) which will all work beautifully with something like the Nikon D610. None have internal focus motors but they are absolutely pin-sharp and (I feel) produce much better results than modern Chinese- made Nikkor lenses do. The only newish Nikkor lenses I have are a 105mm f2.8 AF-S macro VR and a 70-200mm AF-S f2.8-4.0 VRII zoom which is a big brute!

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I've recently upgraded to FX with a D750. Lovely camera it is too. I started out many moons ago with a Canon 40D, but after I had three bodies fail on me, I switched to Nikon.

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My D90 is getting a bit long in the tooth now and I would like to upgrade to full-frame. Luckily the only DX lens I have is a 12-24mm zoom. I've several old Nikkor lenses (a 24mm f2.8D, a 35mm f2.0D, a 50mm f1.4D and a 24-85mm f2.8-4.0D macro) which will all work beautifully with something like the Nikon D610. None have internal focus motors but they are absolutely pin-sharp and (I feel) produce much better results than modern Chinese- made Nikkor lenses do. The only newish Nikkor lenses I have are a 105mm f2.8 AF-S macro VR and a 70-200mm AF-S f2.8-4.0 VRII zoom which is a big brute!

The D90 is still a good camera. Quality lenses are arguably more valuable than the body.

I've recently upgraded to FX with a D750. Lovely camera it is too. I started out many moons ago with a Canon 40D, but after I had three bodies fail on me, I switched to Nikon.

I upgraded about a year ago from a D3000 to a D7100. Stayed with DX but it is lightyears ahead of the D3000.

My main reasons for staying DX was that I could get a top of the range DX body or pay £400 more for a budget FX. The type of portraits I do also require very precise focusing so the 51 point auto focus vs the 39 point auto focus on the D610 won it for me.

I wouldn't rule out going FX in the future, especially if I took my photography further.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
How to remove personal information hidden inside your files and photos

Digital photos
Digital cameras add all manner of information to the photos they take in form of ‘EXIF’ data. Most of it is extremely useful, since it shows the make and model of camera, the time and date the image was taken, the image settings and so on.

Some cameras, however, also include GPS data, which means you can pinpoint the exact spot at which photos were taken. The problem is that so can anyone else — so it’s best not to include it when sharing photos of your expensive digital camera collection, for example…

You can’t stop your camera from adding this data, but deleting it after-the-fact is easy. You shouldn’t do this with your original photos (you might need the data one day), but the EXIF deletion process will make a copy for you.

Step 1: ........
http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/com...n-inside-your-files-and-photos-11363967295915

Posting pics taken at home in the garden etc and then posted on Facebook and the likes can be mined for information by the most basic of computer users.
Be careful.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
That's great Jack, but requires your camera to have a GPS system. The majority of SLR cameras don't. Your iPhone however, is a different matter.

whatdoesthisbuttondo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Photography is my hobby too.....
I have a flickr account which I havent added to for a couple of years, most of my togging is now done on a fuji x100 and is mainly my 5 year ild daughter when I can get her to stand still for more than 2 seconds!
I have a cannon DSLR and some nice lenses, but dont have the time to set out and make some decent images.....

Reactions: 4 people

Aguila

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Wind & rain
Neither of my Nikons have a built-in GPS receiver so that isn't a problem for me. Also, I use Capture NX2 image processing software which gives me the option to include/exclude EXIF information when I save an image.

marktype1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bad blood sugars, not being able to eat chocolate fudge cake.
I'm just getting into it. I've posted a new thread requesting some tips if anyone fancies sharing any :)

Skydog76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rap Music, Football, Rugby Union, Hipsters, The EU
I'm just getting into it. I've posted a new thread requesting some tips if anyone fancies sharing any :)
When it comes to filters don't buy cheap, you'll only end up buying twice, get hold of a copy of this (if your using a dslr then get the dslr version)
digphotodummies1.jpg

Reactions: 4 people

vintageutopia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
New member here, i've been into photography for around 9 years now, based in Millom on the Duddon Estuary not far from the Lakes, have regular trips around the lakes and elsewhere, i'm also type 2 but i never seem to get misty eyes, i'm currently in a slump and trying to find new subjects to cature, for me landscapes get boring rather quickly. https://www.flickr.com/photos/vanzant76/

Great photos!

vintageutopia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am a new member to this forum and a hobbyist. Between working FT and having three kids, I don't get to devote as much time to my hobby as I did, but I enjoy capturing our home life.