testing on public transit

shellyj

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
drugs,achool,smoking,
Hi it' shelly I just wonder if any of you have tested on public transit I have and I never had any one say thing to me but I wonder if any of have had problems with testing on public transit. :?:

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya,
i test wherever i am if i feel hypo, so yes ive tested on public transport :D

mullaneder

Dislikes
bullies, bad drivers ,recession,
as i am a train driver i have had to test myself in the driving cab and passengers walking past my window have nearly strained their necks looking at what i was doing, to see the looks on their faces ,i wonder do some of them think that i am taking drugs or somthing, but what can i do,its safer to test before a long journey dermot

kegstore

Dislikes
Unnecessary rudeness, and any PC
I must be a bit of a sicko! Not only do I not care about testing in public, when on MDI I used to relish the pleasure of injecting in a restaurant, and having someone complain about it. They never lasted long! One person actually fainted on one occasion, which I felt only slightly guilty about. In reality most people never even noticed which is exactly as it should be?

Spiral

Emergency situations are one thing, but otherwise I'd be a bit wary of testing on public transport. But then, I'm not on isulin.

I wouldn't if it is a routine test, I'm quite capable of wasting my precious strips fiddling about without adding a wobble from public transport or from someone barging in to me to the mix. I also wouldn't be able to wash my hands before I tested.

If there are other people around, I would give some consideration to the fact that some of them are a bit squeamish when it comes to blood and needles, we all have our limits. I think some poeple would also be very wary of blood bourne viruses.

sugar2

As a T!...all the time. I have been siting next to teh same guy at work for 2 years, and have tested more than once a day, and done an injection a day...and he has never noticed!

jtuddy

im t2 and a bus driver ive tested on my bus of i feel a bit funny passengers look but then turn away im not bothers

Special_K

I test on the train to and from work every day.

Some people cast curious glances about what I am doing but no-one has asked what i am doing. I have also injected on the train when eating.

Graham1441

Dislikes
Stupid people.
jtuddy said:
im t2 and a bus driver ive tested on my bus of i feel a bit funny passengers look but then turn away im not bothers

I thought with T2 you could not have a PSV licence.????????

kegstore

Dislikes
Unnecessary rudeness, and any PC
Graham1441 said:
jtuddy said:

I thought with T2 you could not have a PSV licence.????????
only if on insulin

Graham1441

Dislikes
Stupid people.
Many thanks, I stand corrected. Maybe a new line of employment.
Graham1441 :twisted: :twisted:

scottishkate

Oh I test everywhere - if I had to find somewhere discreet i'd never do it! I've managed to master the art of testing in my handbag whilst walking along the street :)

People generally don't notice or are too polite to say anything. And if they do it's usually just out of curiosity than distaste...

k

Marky74

I found out we donlt have a medical room at work... Bloody cost saving..

So there is noit a quiet space I can inject, the building manager suggested the toilet, until I said would you eat your lunch in there.

So I test and inject at my desk :)

gefmayhem

Dislikes
salad
The only place I didn't test was at work many years ago, unless my boss was not around.
He was very squeamish and hated the thought of blood, never mind the site of it.

I loved taking the mickey out of him over it

Graham1441

Dislikes
Stupid people.
Marky74 said:
I found out we donlt have a medical room at work... Bloody cost saving..

So there is noit a quiet space I can inject, the building manager suggested the toilet, until I said would you eat your lunch in there.

So I test and inject at my desk :)

So much for a law that says the company MUST have a clean room.
Graham1441. :twisted: :twisted:

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
I test at my desk at work and on the bus whenever I feel low/hypo coming on. People have looked but so what. As yet nobody has said anything as it's really none of their business. Not on insulin so no need to inject. :twisted:

lesleyr284

Had to use insulin whilst pregnant and never once had someone complain. In fact (perhaps it was the massive bump), restaurants would bend over to make sure I had a nice quiet place to inject - (i used the thighs and NO way was I going to drop trousers in public!! Whenever I tested there was never any indication that it had upset anyone.

Then bump turned into baby and I no longer needed insulin. I did breast feed and oh boy did the attitude change. Got thrown out of one place for putting off the other customers... ah well.. :roll: