Favourite thing about LCHF?

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great excuse to go straight for the steak in pub or restaurant, and at home adding a Stilton and cream sauce with no guilt. Mushrooms sautéed in butter...

I keep my local stores in business with my cream habit :)

You don't live near me do you? Every time I go to the village shop they've sold out of double cream! :p

Reactions: 4 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great excuse to go straight for the steak in pub or restaurant, and at home adding a Stilton and cream sauce with no guilt. Mushrooms sautéed in butter...

I keep my local stores in business with my cream habit :)
a stilton sauce is manna from heaven :)
I'm sure you are having an assortment of fats and oils and not just dairy

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For me, I just have to look down at my signature and that says everything about LCHF that I love :)

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Just been out and had in the car with me a plastic box with sticks of cheddar cheese wrapped in slices of pastrami.
Yum.

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic

smslogan317

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Political correctness, politics
I started LCHF on February 6th, my favorite has got to be breakfast; steak and eggs with a side of ham.

M

mojo37

I thought I'd miss bread more than anything else, but although I'd like to be able to eat it I can manage perfectly well without it. Really surprised me!
I wonder if I will be able to say that one day I don't think I will as I love bread all kinds I'd rather give up meat than bread woe is me lol :rolleyes:

M

mojo37

As I have never been overweight, I always kept an eye on my weight and was on my feet all day so I got plenty of (gentle) exercise so I could eat those anyway + donuts, cake, pizza, potatoes, chips (how I miss chips!) and anything I wanted in moderation so I really can't think of a light hearted reason but please feel free to try more suggestions as you might find one for me! I would love to have one.
Do you mind me asking you how you ended up diabetic ( are you type 2 ?)

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wonder if I will be able to say that one day I don't think I will as I love bread all kinds I'd rather give up meat than bread woe is me lol :rolleyes:

Having ryvita helped me, I can have 2 with no spike, but 3 sends me sky high! But I went though every cracker and savoury biscuit on the tesco online shopping site and bought the lowest carb ones, some only 3 carbs each and they all helped me get over bread :)

Reactions: 2 people
M

mojo37

Having ryvita helped me, I can have 2 with no spike, but 3 sends me sky high! But I went though every cracker and savoury biscuit on the tesco online shopping site and bought the lowest carb ones, some only 3 carbs each and they all helped me get over bread :)
I've being eating ( small amounts ) of the burgen seeded type bread although its far lower carb than wholemeal and I quite like it , it doesn't do satisfy that bread craving ..so I'm back trying one slice of wholemeal instead :rolleyes:

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've being eating ( small amounts ) of the burgen seeded type bread although its far lower carb than wholemeal and I quite like it , it doesn't do satisfy that bread craving ..so I'm back trying one slice of wholemeal instead :rolleyes:

I can't eat any bread although I will try again hen my lower levels have stabilised, they're still a bit erratic!

My favourite crispbread is Ryvita Dark Rye and my favourite toppings are egg or prawn mayo with cucumber, and brie with tomato, all with butter, very tasty :)

Reactions: 2 people
M

mojo37

I can't eat any bread although I will try again hen my lower levels have stabilised, they're still a bit erratic!

My favourite crispbread is Ryvita Dark Rye and my favourite toppings are egg or prawn mayo with cucumber, and brie with tomato, all with butter, very tasty :)
mmm I'm fancying that now ;)

shelts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I thought I'd miss bread more than anything else, but although I'd like to be able to eat it I can manage perfectly well without it. Really surprised me!
I struggle without bread......I do miss it.

Reactions: 4 people