Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 this morning. Can anyone help me interpret yesterday's numbers through to this morning? 6.7 in the morning, I had some sugary fruit (mango) with my lunch but didn't test. by 7PM I was 5.2 (before supper). I did have another piece of mango but my supper was otherwise fairly low carb (chicken drumsticks with sautéed veg). Two hours after - oh dear, 9.7. A further hour after that, 7.1 and 6.3 this morning. What can be deduced from that lot?

Reactions: 2 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
6.3 this morning. Can anyone help me interpret yesterday's numbers through to this morning? 6.7 in the morning, I had some sugary fruit (mango) with my lunch but didn't test. by 7PM I was 5.2 (before supper). I did have another piece of mango but my supper was otherwise fairly low carb (chicken drumsticks with sautéed veg). Two hours after - oh dear, 9.7. A further hour after that, 7.1 and 6.3 this morning. What can be deduced from that lot?
Something spiked you!

destiny0321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who think nothing is wrong with you because they do not see blood or a plaster cast, i suffer with arthritis & use a zimmer & wheelchair but because they cant see anything wrong people assume nothing is wrong with you.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If there is no or little rise between bed time and morning, meaning no liver dump, what does that mean? I understand one of my aims for losing that visceral fat in and round the liver and pancreas is to 'empty the bucket' that the liver is, presumably so it is less able to do dumps? But on the other hand I thought that liver dumps were normal even for non-diabetics, just that their dumps are mopped up faster thanks to superior insulin sensitivity.

A liver dump is a natural phenomenon that can happen to anyone, diabetic or not diabetic. Our livers are very clever and make sure we have enough energy to cope with whatever we are doing, whether that is waking up or exercising, or being in a state of fear/anxiety. Not everyone gets them. I don't know why they don't.

Personally, even when I still had all my weight to lose 12 months ago, I didn't get them in the mornings. My overnight levels have always been stable and flatish. The only time it happens is when I am in the 4's at bedtime. I will then wake up in the 5's. I believe this is because 5's are my normal level, where my body prefers me to be, so my liver jumps in to make this happen. I do, however, get minor liver dumps after exercise (and by exercise I mean dog walking) and also when I am nervous or anxious about something. I guess I am just lucky.

Reactions: 10 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all

5.8 fasting. Off to see the dieticians this morning to ask her some questions about low carb food and running as the person taking our Derek course couldn't answer my questions and basically said that LCHF was too extreme whilst saying to someone else that rather than have a normal creme egg perhaps only have a mini one! Pretty sure that I have done enough research into this but as appointment was made 2 maybe 3 months ago might as well go along!

Reactions: 15 people
S

Sable_Jan

Morning, 5.1 today.... Been busy last few days so only skimmed thread and done a few likes...sorry if I've missed anyone's ....

Reactions: 11 people
S

Sable_Jan

On 3 x 500mg Metformin per day -- 2 tablets in morning usually at 06:30 and 10:00 am followed by third at 18:00hrs
7.8 this morning 06:30 before breakfast and 500mg Metformin 10.1 at 08:45 , took second Metformin now dropping 6.8 at 11:00 hrs
Welcome to the thread :) Are you also watching your diet as well as taking your meds?

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
@Susikav

Ask? Sure you can :)

It is the premiership cup (solid silver and 24 karat gold) won by my Australian Rules football team (Carlton) back in 1995. Carlton holds the record for the most cups won across 150 years of the competition and I got to hold this one and VERY few people do :)

My best Mike :)
Wonderful... :) thank you...

Reactions: 7 people
S

Sable_Jan

Don't you feel very hungry at those numbers I feel ill at anything under 4 and shaky on low 4's
I had a rare 4.3 yesterday and was starving hungry..... Although being that hungry doesn't guarantee a low bs for.me...strange

Reactions: 9 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Aw, bless you. You do so really well with all the travelling you do. Don't forget your morning readings form such a small percentage of your HbA1c.....and I'm sure your pre and post readings are usually pretty darned good with the foods you eat. Hope you feel better soon.... X
Well that made me feel better! Thank you Sable dear... :) My sinuses are killing me - thunder and stuff here so it's sitting on my head... :) I am not working today so I'm about to make the strat cake - we keep a boat here, have done for 25 years, and I have left the hotel to come and stay on it... :) can't get cake in the hotel that I can eat see... :hungry::D I brought the silicone bread pan with me to make the cake but apparently I can buy one here - Good Friday today - they call it Big Friday - so no shops open, but I'll go searching tomorrow... Easter Sunday with friends in the mountains... two Easters is always a good idea I think... :)

Reactions: 6 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Only the second time I've had in over 13 months.... it was over cooked though....
Blimey, that's rough.... you still ate it though? :)

Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
5.8 today :) Going down, I hope, in spite of sinus probs...

Reactions: 12 people
Status
Not open for further replies.