Insight Flex Cannula Problems

Eglinton71

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Has anyone else had problems with the introducer needle not fully extending when loaded into the Link Assist Plus insertion device. I have wasted 3 cannulas due to this problem. Is there some trick I'm missing?

iHs

Has anyone else had problems with the introducer needle not fully extending when loaded into the Link Assist Plus insertion device. I have wasted 3 cannulas due to this problem. Is there some trick I'm missing?

I used the Flexlink Plus sets back in 2010 when Accuchek first launched the 6mm set and was using the Combo Spirit pump.
You dont have to use the inserter device for the Flexlink Plus if you dont want to.... you should be able to insert the set manually. I did so as didnt think the inserter was that good compared to the Link Assist. Have a read of the instruction leaflet again and try to relax before inserting the sets.....

Reactions: 2 people

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm using the Combo Flexlink with the LinkAssit inserter and have not had any issues, but might differ from your Insight one.

Eglinton71

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks. The problem isn't getting the needle into the skin it's rather that when loading it into the inserter the needle isn't left pointing directly down its at an angle and therefore can't be inserted. As suggested I will re-read the instructions.